Building a Relby-K23 Bespin Blaster

seven

Sr Member
I am starting on the Bespin blaster, the Relby-K23. I purchased the base for the gun, and a couple
greeblies. I am in need of identifying the parts to make it.

Here is a current parts list:
1. Nemrod Galeon Spear gun
2. Revell Visible V-8 Engine part #104
3. Revell Visible V-8 Engine part #98
4. Revell F-4E Phantom II part #60
5. Revell F-4E Phantom II part #100
6. Unidentified Part #1
7. Unidentified Part #2
8. Plastic Stirring Stick (swizzle) for coffee
9. Unidentified Part #4
10. Unidentified Part #5
11. Unidentified Part #6
12. Unidentified Gear
13. Unidentified Part #7
14. Calculator CE Button (make/model?)
15. Unidentified Part #9

parts 1,2 & 5 look like they are all the same part. But not sure. It looks similar to the part
on Darth Vader's Helmet.

Here is the right side of my Nemrod Spear gun with labels for identification and placement
1233669522_d2b73bad89_o.jpg

Left side (sorry the text is so small)
1240609287_4c6da63fc1_b.jpg

Any one have any photos of the prop to help figure out what was used. Rumor is that a
German Air [soft?] gun was used for parts too.

Last edited:
5. Revell F-4E Phantom II part #100 is exactly correct. It's the opposite bomb half from the one used on the Jabba's Palace blaster.

8. Unidentified Part #3 - The long flat piece with three holes (see pic below) is a plastic coffee stirrer. OdiWan72 discovered it.

14. Unidentified part #8 on the left side is the CE button from a calculator. It's not from an Exactra because the typeface doesn't match, but the button is the same size.

"Rumor is that a German Air [soft] gun was used for parts too."

Never heard that rumor.

Last edited:
You're right about the Phantom 4FE bomb half (one of my discoveries :)).

I really don't think parts 1, 2 and 5 are the same. And part 6 is a coffee stirrer.

The tube between the two gears is actually slid over the Nemrod barrel. The two gears could actually be attached to this tube, like a one piece axel or something? :confused

Thanks for the tips.
This was mentioned on the prop store of london site in its description.

That could be my fault. I misidentified the blaster in an old Set Piece article in SW Insider. It was before the Nemrod was discovered, but during the research. Airguns seemed very likely. The Nemrod was discovered just a couple days after my article deadline and I was unable to get the info updated before it went to print.
I never said German though, just airgun.

The coffee stirrer is a vintage European design. Markus found it in an old desk drawer IIRC.

PS - That should be "CE" button from a calculator. It stands for "Clear Entry".

It might be easier if you labeled the pictures of the prop
You're absolutely right. But I don't 'own' pics of the original prop or replicas, and I didn't want to do that with someone else's photos without permission.

I pulled out my EX-20 calculator and the face of the buttons are 10mm x 6 mm with a slight tapper out to the base.

On a side note, the large scan of the Relby replica above has a different 'S' on the safety switch then mine. It shows it very bold/thick and it takes up the entire face of the switch, while mine is thinner and has more room around the 'S'.

Nemrod also came out with the Dragon III pneumatic spear gun that is very similar to the Galeon, with a few differences.
1253148067_11248660c3_o.jpg

(photo from:thinkon50)

Last edited:
Nemrod also came out with the Dragon III pneumatic spear gun that is very similar to the Galeon, with a few differences.

The Dragon is pretty close, but the Galleon is definitely the right model.
Also not there's a slight variation too - The correct Galleon has the 'oil' raised lettering on the back end. Not all Galleon's do.

So whats the correct model worth in todays market?

The Dragon is pretty close, but the Galleon is definitely the right model.
Also not there's a slight variation too - The correct Galleon has the 'oil' raised lettering on the back end. Not all Galleon's do.

Pretty much everything was already said about this blaster.
Chris and Marcus wrote down the parts you should use to build this puppy, the needed body work (like filling the galeon writing etc. was something you already adressed.

All I can add is that I scratchbuilt all other parts which couldn´t be identified at the time. I still should have a correct coffee stirrer for you ;)

I can´t post pics, since I´m not having internet at home for about two weeks now, but will do once my provider has solved the problem.

Markus

Is the speargun a collector's item? I ask because I was watching the last one on eBay and looking at the winning bidder's previous bids, he bought mainly scuba stuff. I wouldn't think someone would pay whatever the ending bid was for it unless they were SW fans. Maybe I'm wrong.

I'm digging this thread up from the abyss to see if anyone has any other photos of the real prop. I've obtained a Nemrod and I'm working on building it up. I have the end cap Revell engine piece and the "Fuel" part, but not the other greeblies. Most look easy enough to recreate. I've searched ebay for an F4 model of that size but no luck.

Does anyone have some of these parts laying around, gathering dust? :)

Scott

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back