Chucky Replica

Sideshow is doing one but it is the bride of chucky one. There was one done in Japan of the regular Good guy doll.

Pat

Have you just tried ebay?? I could have sworn I remember seeing them in the past on there.. Maybe MR will do one someday! I could picture it with the custom Chucky box and would of course have to talk!

Thanks Guys... I did some more research & found some on eBay, thanks Theater of Puppets. Also, Sideshow will be doing a replica early next year... looks really cool.

Here's a picture of the Seed Of Chucky replicas coming early next year from Sideshow Collectibles.

SCC_0810_resize.JPG

Now, as for those dolls at Spencer Gifts and on eBay, they are NOT 1:1 replicas. The only 1:1 replicas have been released only in Japan by Medicom Toys. The come in replica boxes that the "Good Guys" came in like the film. They also talk. There are 3 different versions, all limited to only 150 each.

The first Good Guy doll was released in 2002. I don't own this one, but there's one for sale here to see some pics.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Childs-Play-2-M...Guys-Doll_W0QQitemZ260139485918QQcmdZViewItem

The second doll, released in 2005, is Chucky. Here's a pic of mine.

IMG_0682.jpg

A revised, more accurate "Good Guys" doll was released in 2006.

IMG_0681.jpg

IMG_0680.jpg

Here's a picture of one those Chucky dolls you can find at Spencers and eBay standing next to my Medicom versions.

IMG_0685.jpg

A guy who also owns the 2006 Medicom "Good Guy" put some video up on YouTube to show it off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWqVDh6M_CY

Can anybody whom owns either the seed replica medicom or dream rush, give me the dimensions of chucky's head please. I was going to use the spencers Chucky as the understructure to build my initial sculpt of a more accurate Bride of chucky head using a polymer vinyl clay but didn't realize how much I had to compensate for the smallness of the spencers head compared to those medicoms.

Any ideas on some kind of filler I can use as to not have to load on the clay, because the chucky prop head is pretty large ?

Are you planning to swap the body for something else? If not, and you build up the Spencer's head to be the proper size, it's going to probably look very strange and bobble-head-ish with such a large head on a small body.

If you're building the head up that much, you might as well use something completely different for the understructure (like say balled up tin foil) and sculpt it from scratch, as the spencers head is going to be completely altered and covered up.

Now, if you want to make the spencer's head more accurate, but still keep it the same size (yeah, sure it won't be true 1:1, but it'll look in proportion and not many people will even know it's not really 1:1), then that IS possible. Here's mine I made more accurate a while back:

Original Spencer's head:
ChuckyStep2.jpg

Modified head:

ChuckyStep15a.jpg

WIP/Tutorial: http://www.therpf.com/f9/chucky-doll-modification-finished-pg4-69797/
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b24/msbillen/ChuckyStep2.jpg

Yeah I love what you've done with yours. You gave me the inspiration to do it finally.
I plan on definitely replacing the body to make it 1:1.
There's a doll company that sells 30" toddler body doll kits, and head understructers in which to build upon your initial sculpt, but the dimensions of chucky's head and face are so different from what they give you to work off of. I figure it'd be easier just to start of the spencers head. Even if it is too small.

I planned on gutting all the features of the head, cutting both eye cavity's, brow and all, the entire mouth and chin, nose, ears, and starting from scratch. I just needed some kind of reference to work off of. But I didn't realize how truly smaller it was.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back