Leon: The Professional glasses?

Wolfshire

Hi,
I don't know if anyone remembers the movie Leon: The Professional but does anyone know what type of glasses Leon wears?
Here's a ref
Any info would be great, thanks :)

wow! thanks! I would have never thought that he would be wearing such couture glasses. I sense many visits to e-bay in my future to get these lol thanks again! :)

Yes I know, "holy thread revival, Batman."

It was quite a feat to get this much information but I have been unable to further pin down the sunglasses.

Can someone tell me which model number of sunglasses he wears? I have gone through every page of google's results without success.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

This one looks pretty close. Maybe without the 2nd bar.

jpg1o.jpg

I found it on ebay. The model number is 569103.

Hello chukysdream. I just saw these glasses at images on google, and this is totaly what i'm looking for. But when i enter the model number, i get 0 results. Got anymore info please? Thanks

This one looks pretty close. Maybe without the 2nd bar.

jpg1o.jpg

I found it on ebay. The model number is 569103.

I've also been searching for a pair of glasses that most closely resemble Jean Reno's from the movie, been searching for a long long time. While this pair obviously isn't too similar to the pair he wore, they still do look pretty awesome.

Is there some place I can purchase this exact pair? I've searched all over ebay and even used the model number while searching and not had any luck... =(

Nah, they're just clear with a metal core, like this.

oliver-peoples-riley-r-43-45-eyeglass-frame-becr.jpg

You can see where the metal starts flat and tapers to a wire core about an inch back. The outline of the clear acetate is there if you look closely.

Worst case, if you wanted, you could have them custom made. I just had a similar pair made and it ran me $275, quite a bit cheaper than a premium frame and they're exactly what I wanted. Picked the color, modified the shape and size of an existing frame, waited eight months, and total satisfaction after looking for the frame for twenty years(the one that got away).

sumner.jpg

They can make you exactly what you want. PM me for contact info if you're interested.

Last edited:
These are the Black Eyewear Chico MCCS Matt Clear Crystal sunglasses that i purchased for my costume which is still in construction.

317026_10100425837110905_9412996_51854661_1752967775_n.jpg

They're very close.

Roope makes vintage look-a-likes. Even they say so. They even say the Blues Brothers were wearing Roopes, when it was Ray Bans, I think.

Classic Luc Besson film of 1994 Leon stars Jean Reno as an assassin, in killer shades, who looks after his orphaned twelve year old neighbor Mathilda (Natalie Portman) after her parents are killed. Leon helps her train to take revenge on the killer of her family (Gary Oldman). The iconic round clear crystal sunglasses Leon wears throughout the film look very similar to Black Eyewear Chico CCS.

Leon: The Professional | RobertRoope

They are a perfect match! How much did they cost you in the end?

Honestly, they cost me around $260.00 in the end. But i figure it was well worth it. They are beautiful glasses that i will wear with or without my costume.

I think they are near identical replica's of the frames used in the film, other than 1 minor difference which is at the tip of the earpiece. They are stunning replicas in my opinion and I am more than pleased with them despite the hefty price tag.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back