Help ID this Belt Buckle Please!

Houston Robocop

Howdy,

I'm trying to make all the costume assessories to go with a screen-used Buck Rogers Starfighter Tunic that I own.

I need help in Identifing the belt buckle used in the series. It's a chrome recangular-shaped belt buckle. I believe this was also used extensively on Battlestar Galactica costumes as well. Maybe some sort of military belt buckle?

I'm able to find similar shaped buckles on-line, but nothing like the loop and hook fastener used on the back of this style of buckle (pictured below)

Thanks in advance... Nicholas

[attachmentid=6381]

[attachmentid=6380]

[attachmentid=6379]

The back is a bit diferent but the front is pretty much dead on, with just minor work this could work.

http://www.leatherfactory.com/products.asp?number=11688-00

11688-00-L.jpg

I think it might be a Marine dress pistol belt with the insignia removed.That type was not used on BG.

Some of the Marine web belts uses similar hook and latch on the belt ends, but I still can't find the exact belt buckle.

Thanks for the input so far..... Nick

Older police color guard belt...not sure where to get them anymore, but my old department had a bunch of them. The buckles are exactly the same. Try doing a web search for color guard belts.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back