Sideshow Lifesize R2 and 3PO @ SDCC?

PodRacer X

I didn't get to go to the Con, but are these pictures the rumored Sideshow lifesize R2-D2 and C-3PO?

http://www.galactichunter.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=45&pos=13

http://www.galactichunter.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=45&pos=14

http://www.galactichunter.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=45&pos=15

Does anyone who was there have any 411 on these? Price? Release Date? Are there still 2 planned versions? Electronics? Size and weight?

I'm not so sure about the 3PO (the pose is not what I was hoping for) but the R2 looks great.

they had those last year they are pretty much Don Post Copys i believe and the pose has changed 3 times now from last comic con to CIV to CC 07 lol they are basically resin statutes i think and you probably have to do the lighting yerself

As Chris told me they are on their website now

R2 is going for 5500.00 with free shipping, don't know about 3-PO.

3PO is US $5950.00

Only one version.
Both figures will include light and sound function, for the most 'real' experience possible.
Each figure will include a display base, perfect for keeping your favorite droid in a comfortable standing position.

They're both on the website for pre-order. R2 is $5450.00 and 3PO is $5950.00.

Thanks, Apollo.

The 3PO pose makes him look like Dot Matrix.

the question is who will make the "non refundable" deposit for something they haven't even shown production pics off :)

As others have said before, they are now available for preorder in their website...

About the material, I'd really prefer they could be a little more explicit... so far, this is what they say:

"Crafted of fiberglass and other materials of the highest quality..."

Personally, I think that if I were going to spend 6K on each statue... I'd really like to know way more about it... pics, videos, see the light and sound system, and off course, know the materials, if is just FG, or if it has real alum. parts, if it's posable, or just a fixed position... etc etc... too many questions I'd need to be solved before even start to think about it... :(.

Would be nice that someone at Sideshow can "hear" us, and put some light here ;).

I really love those pics you posted Podrace X... I like the weathering, and the overall shape, but not sure... I think they must give more info to the customers... (this is not a 600$ item... but a 6K !!! + taxes etc etc)

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool to know that... thanks for the info Terminator Crazy...

Just one question.. do you know anything else about the materials ??? I mean, will it has alum/metal parts ? , mobile parts... real funtional pistons etc ??'

And what about R2... can the "head" be moved ?? :D

Thanks again

I have seen better, and more reasonably priced R2-D2s and C3-P0s
sold here. For that price I am not impressed.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back