Michigan Prop Party

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BatDemon @ Apr 26 2006, 11:43 PM) [snapback]1233938[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DevilInThePaleMoonlight @ Apr 12 2006, 04:36 PM) [snapback]1225219[/snapback]
Hey guys, got some bad news... I just got off the phone with DavidYR1 and he wanted me to let you all know he won't be able to make it down for the prop party. He's been insanely busy lately, in and out of town and as luck would have it, he'll be out of town that weekend too.

Don't worry though, I'll still be there so you'll be able to get your crazy Canadian fix. :p

Jonathan
[/b]

What work taking precidence over play? What gotten into him? Her I'm looking forward to seein his new stuff. Tell him I said hello. Will Em being traveling with? At least you'll be there Jonathan. I'll start gathering up my Canadian coins to trade back in.... they no longer let me stand on the border and toss them across.... Have a safe trip down. I'll see you Saturday.
[/b][/quote]

Well, looks like the same work bug that bit David has bitten me as well and I won't be able to make it down for the party. :cry

Jonathan

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DevilInThePaleMoonlight @ Apr 27 2006, 09:03 AM) [snapback]1234090[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BatDemon @ Apr 26 2006, 11:43 PM) [snapback]1233938[/snapback]
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DevilInThePaleMoonlight @ Apr 12 2006, 04:36 PM) [snapback]1225219[/snapback]
Hey guys, got some bad news... I just got off the phone with DavidYR1 and he wanted me to let you all know he won't be able to make it down for the prop party. He's been insanely busy lately, in and out of town and as luck would have it, he'll be out of town that weekend too.

Don't worry though, I'll still be there so you'll be able to get your crazy Canadian fix. :p

Jonathan
[/b]

What work taking precidence over play? What gotten into him? Her I'm looking forward to seein his new stuff. Tell him I said hello. Will Em being traveling with? At least you'll be there Jonathan. I'll start gathering up my Canadian coins to trade back in.... they no longer let me stand on the border and toss them across.... Have a safe trip down. I'll see you Saturday.
[/b][/quote]

Well, looks like the same work bug that bit David has bitten me as well and I won't be able to make it down for the party. :cry

Jonathan
[/b][/quote]

what am i going to do with these canadian coins??? vending machines don't take them... Well I guess we'll see you down in ATL.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(howlingwind13 @ Apr 28 2006, 12:19 AM) [snapback]1234493[/snapback]</div>
Sorry if I missed the info in an earlier thread, but what time does it start?
mike
[/b]

Doors open at 12:00 P.M.

Doors close at 9:00 PM

JAS

I was hoping to make this, but it looks like if I can make it - it will be more of a spontaneous thing. Not sure, what - if anything I'd be able to bring...

JD:

We had lots of people drop in for an hour or two and then leave last year. We had a couple of people drop by in the morning, leave, and then come back later in the evening.

And people are more than welcome to come by just to view, it's definitely not required that somebody must bring something to display. If you've got something you'd like people to see and share, cool. If not, share in what other people have brought for you to enjoy.

Really, I feel that these parties are mostly about meeting like-minded people and socializing with them, getting to meet the faces and personalities behind the the avatars and board-names. Personally, I've met more than several great people at these parties and count them among my dear friends. If you can't have a good time hanging with people who love the same thing as you, who can you have fun with?

But that's just me. :angel

Hope you can come to see us, JD, even if it's for just a little while.

JAS

Anyone know if BW guests can bring friends to the waterparkwhathaveyou?

Seriously.....it's got this "vortex" pool thing that spins in a circle.... :lol

If so, we've got a rm for Fri. and Sat. nights.....if we can bring folks along, feel free to come hang out....

Anyone determine if there's anything happening on Fri. evening (dinner, etc.)? Do we have a cell # contact in case we DO do something?

No excuses. Too many cancelations already. If he starts crawling now, he might get there by noon tomorrow. :lol

Seriously, that's a beautiful child, Lonnie. At Mt. Clemens Gen?

Hope to see you tomorrow, even sans new proop building partner.

JAS

Okay. I picked Mike W. from Kansas up at the airport today. After corresponding with him for over five years via phone and internet, it was good to finally meet him in person.

My first words to him were "You're taller than I expected."

His first words to me were, "You're fatter than I expected." :angry

In other news, Tom and Jason rolled in later in the evening after their long drive from Maryland. Been a long while since I've seen them, the four of us had dinner at Pizza Papalis in Greektown. Great preamble to the party.

Hope to see you all there and everyone please drive safely.

LET'S GET IT STARTED IN HERE... :thumbsup

J.A.S.

It was great seeing everyone. I really missed seeing some of the old faces that I've gotten used to, but it was fantastic meeting some of the new ones for the first time.

JediTeddy you remain a class act, Mr. Fett and Kimmie it was great seeing you again. I know that some of our visitors from parts far away such as Kansas and Maryland enjoyed meeting the lot of you.

Here's hoping everyone had a great time.

Best Regards,

JAS

It was a good time. I missed you guys from Chi-town. Tates stories had me in stitches last year.

I would like to thank the great state of Michigan and the city of Detroit for shutting dowm that 10 mile stretch of I75 last night. :unsure

Well I must say after five years it was great to meet Outlander in person and I also met alot of great people the guys from partsofstarwars.com were great along with Mr. Wynn and Moffeaton and GJustis were also great. I had a great time and this was my first actuall prop party that I have attended I will have to go up there again next year. Hopefully I can also make it out to one of the East Coast parties as well. Everyone was great. I was really hoping to sell my Underworld stuff....Oh well it is still up for trade or sale :) I hope to keep in contact with everyone that I met it was so great putting faces with names and screen names. To all that missed the party you really missed out on a fun time to bad some of you could not make it.
Mike

Back safe and sound in Maryland. It was great to meet new people and see great items. Everyone was very friendly, I'll be out again next year.

Thomas

Amy and I had a GREAT time....many thanks to all who helped put together such a fun party. :)

We'll be out again next year, for sure.

Had a great time yesterday, even though I was working on only a couple hours of sleep. :confused

It was great seeing everyone again, and meeting quite a few new people. :)

It was great meeting the East Coasters Tom and Jason, the guys from Applied Metal Clay and Mike, Mike Wells, Greg and Amy, and a bunch of others.

Tom had a great display of his custom-made plaques and stands, and Clay and Mike had a whole table full of goodies showing off their metalizing skills. :love I know that I'll be sending some money to Tom and Clay/Mike... I just have to pace myself. :lol

Heath's R2 was a hit on the dance floor as always, and Tripoli's demo of his David Morgan whip was awesome. (Thanks for doing it again when my kids showed up.) I loved it when Jeff took all the padawan's over to the corner with his arsenal of MR FX sabers and had an impromptu training session.

I didn't take a ton of pics (too busy talking.), but I'll try to get what I have posted up later today.

Big thanks to Jeff, Jon, Cheri and everyone else who helped out to make the party a success.

I had a good time while I was there. I was just bummed that I had to leave early to go to the Chili Cook Off which I ended up getting de-throned by one of my best friends. I guess after you take 1st place 3 years in a row, it is just a matter of time before someone's chili knocks you down a peg.
There was a pretty nice lay out of stuff at the prop party this year. Too bad the Chicago and Canadians couldn't have made it again. All in all I had fun.

We had a blast. And like Lonnie (a true gentleman), I was too busy chatting and meeting people in the flesh that I'd only talked to online.

DSC00634.jpg

Tripoli had a lot of FX Sabers that the kids LOVED.

DSC00640.jpg

Among Mr. Fett's and Cutest Sandgirl's Tusken gear were the props that Jordan (Darth Kharn) made. It was really touching and wonderful to see these pieces again, and in the hands of Jordan's closest friends and true fans. I remember many an IM with him when he was sketching the big Gaffi's blade pattern. In that same group I was also delightet to have finally met Jason, who Jordan always spoke fondly of. Wonderful to meet you people.

DSC00643.jpg

DSC00648.jpg

It was pretty cool to see the EU aqua-trooper fella.

DSC00645.jpg

Some great Aliens stuff.

DSC00647.jpg

I was psyched to see the screen used V costume and the Dengar was very well made.

DSC00655.jpg

Hellboy. Dig that Arp amulet.

DSC00656.jpg

Harry Potter props, of which there were many on a few different tables - it was a great change of pace from what you see on the east coast. Wynnstudio made the display base/holder for the screen used tooth.

DSC00657.jpg

And he also made the awesome display case for the screen used head.

DSC00658.jpg

DSC00661.jpg

I LOVED seeing Artoo builder stuff.

DSC00662.jpg

Aqua Teen.

DSC00663.jpg

I loved meeting Chris and Chris from POSW - lots of great stories and just all around wonderful guys. Trevas brought his Derwent bits ;)

And here's some fodder for the wizards who cast things into darkness (giggle):

DSC00665.jpg

DSC00667.jpg

That Kenner™ gun was probably the best thing I've seen all year - I NEED one of these.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back