TK409 Jawa Eyes + Mask Tutorial *PICS*

Trooper TK409

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
The Jawa head (or mask) is something that has become so easy and so inexpensive that I had to make a couple new ones for myself. I shot a couple photos and did a diagram. This is not the only way to do it but it worked well for me.
Supplies:
- old halloween mask: $2 Walmart right after Halloween
- black fabric (I like fur): $5 at fabric store. Wrappings would look cool too.
- toy machine containers: 25 cents each at any grocery store
- Prewired "Halloween Jawa eyes" found on ebay: $4 a set
- hot glue
- drill
- sandpaper
- chrome tape

After I finished, my 7 yr. old daughter agreed to put it on and act like a Jawa. She really got into it :) VIDEO: http://youtube.com/watch?v=f-XPxDhpGlI

jawa_lights.gif

jawamask1.jpg

jawamask2.jpg

jawamask4.jpg

jawamask3.jpg

jawamask5.jpg

Reference (but for heaven's sake don't duct tape a woolen ski mask to your kid's head if you ever want him to wear another Star Wars costume again.)

1.jpg

Last edited:
Re: TK409 Jawa Mask Tutorial *PICS*

Nice... simple, cost effective way to achieve a good effect for a costume or display.

One thing folks could add is a pair of reflectors from some $1 store flashlights. Inserted into the bottom of the toy machine containers, they would add a little extra kick to the lights w/o tacking much cost onto the project.

Tom

Nice... simple, cost effective way to achieve a good effect for a costume or display.

One thing folks could add is a pair of reflectors from some $1 store flashlights. Inserted into the bottom of the toy machine containers, they would add a little extra kick to the lights w/o tacking much cost onto the project.

Tom

That's what I did for my daughter's Jawa.

normal_IMG_1494.jpg

Tom

Ah good suggestion! I'll try that.

Wow, that's very cool. I too will be making one now that I have a hand to hold mine! Excellent job, thanks!

I originally saw it on starwars.com/hyperspace then someone posted it in a forum. It's such a great Jawa reference pic.

This is perfect! My daughter just told us that she wanted to be a Jawa this year, so this quick tutorial will come in quite handy! Thank you! :thumbsup

this is really cool. unfortunately i don't know any children or little people and a 5'11" jawa is out of the question.

I got a LED kit off a guy on eBay. Did you get white or amber LEDs? I got amber and they don't seem bright enough. I'm thinking I'll have t rewire it for superbright white LEDs.

I got amber. Sanding the candy containers, then putting gold mylar paper inside helps make the eyes shine brighter and look bigger. Also, when the Jawa hood is on, it darkens the face area allowing the lights to look brighter. But yes, bigger would be better too.

I'll give that a try. I have a couple flashlight reflector to use, but I may try the gold mylar inside of them.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back