Baz Lurhnam's Romeo + Juliet(1996) Guns

NavMidn

Hey all,

I was wondering if any of you might have any pictures or good screencaps or even info on the guns they used in the gas station shoot out in the 1996 Romeo and Juliet (the one with Claire Danes and Leonardo Dicaprio). I understand one was a modified Beretta 92 and the other was a modified 1911 style.

Thanks,

John

I have some junk lifted from the official site:

gun.gif

r+j_guns.jpg

romeo00.jpg

romeo01.jpg

Not much, but it's a start.

-Mike

OK, here we go.

Every year or so, somebody asks about the guns. Last time around, I snagged these pics of what looks like the heros. These are not my pics, nor do I have any information about them... But they sure are purdy.

randj1.jpg

randj2.jpg

-Mike

"Every year or so, somebody asks about the guns."

oh it's got to be more often than that...i haven't been around all that long and it's come up a couple times...they are gorgeous guns though...skott

Thanks guys, these have been great. If anybody else has any more they'd like to kick in that'd be awesome.

Also, for the sight on Romeo's sword this sight looks like it's spot on
Cmore Reflex Sights

Thanks,
John

I actually liked this movie a great deal, being a shakespeare enthusiast as well as a prop collector.

As a nitpick, Romeo's gun never has a sight on it. Just a standard 1911.

I'll wrest the movie out of my girlfriend's hands and take come caps later

I just did a crapload of screengrabs on this. I'll resize the pics and post them in the morning.

PM me of you have requests for grabs

For what it's worth, those are Taurus clones of the Beretta 92 I believe - all have frame-mounted safety/decockers... I think the stainless body with gold accents and Juliets little pimped-up pocket pistol with all the gold might even be standard offerings from 'em.

Ah -- here we go. Kinda tacky I think, but they sure fit the part. All they need is a little Crucifix hangin' off the mag, a fancy icon on the grips, and perhaps some nice custom engraving on the slide.. :)

http://www.taurususa.com/products/product-...category=Pistol

It's been a while since I've seen the movie, but might this be Juliet's?

okay. here are a few samples of what I've grabbed. I've got over 100 pics, so I'm not going to post them all here. The pics I have are also higher resolution. PM me, and I"ll send out a zip file to anyone who wants it.

First, the Montague mag plate:
montplate.jpg

I'm going to see if I can get better caps of this later.

Benvolio's pistol (Sword 9mm S-series):
ben6.jpg

close up of the slide detail:
ben4.jpg

Tybalt's pistol (Rapier 9mm):
tyb58.jpg

tyb20.jpg

Mercutio's pistol (Dagger 9mm):
mer18.jpg

mer19.jpg

Lord Montague's Longsword (I have no idea what this is):
longsword1.jpg

longsword2.jpg

I wasn't able to get any good shots of Romeo's pistol on the first pass. I'll go over the DVD tomorrow and find more (and hopefully better) shots of everything.

[EDIT: stupid typos]
-EoN

Originally posted by Jedi Lawja@Feb 5 2006, 12:38 AM
I've only seen the film once, but I thought Juliet had the dagger? 

Jay
[snapback]1176352[/snapback]​

Juliet actually had a little black pistol that I haven't identified. I think Kaylee posted a link to the right one for her, but I can't get the page to load.
[EDIT] I checked the Taurus site, and that doesn't look like the right one on the first inspection. pics of her gun will be up tonight for comparison

Anyway, more pics tonight, and I'll be sending the zip with the higher resolution shots off by tomorrow morning

Yes, it's when she's "persuading" the good Father to help, just before he goes off and makes the potion.

Wierd that Taurus' site is up and down.. it just worked for me. Anyhow, the model numbers for those links are:

Juliet: Taurus Model PT25

"Da Boyz" pistols -
Taurus PT92 9mm PISTOL WITH GOLD ACCENTS & ROSEWOOD GRIPS
Taurus PT92 9mm PISTOL WITH GOLD ACCENTS & MOTHER OF PEARL GRIPS

For the icon grips, if Taurus doesn't have a model with the base black-pearly grips, you could order the base ones here:
http://www.ajaxgrips.com/ajax/ajax?set=06

Now, I don't know if they were offering all those "pimpalicious" models back when the movie came out.. it's possible the movie folks had standard models nickled, plated, or whatnot.

-K

Originally posted by Kaylee@Feb 5 2006, 09:53 AM
Yes, it's when she's "persuading" the good Father to help, just before he goes off and makes the potion.

EDIT: Pics of Juliet's pistol and the Taurus for comparison

the Taurus:
H_25NGPRL.jpg

Juliet's Pistol:
jul11.jpg

jul4.jpg

jul32.jpg

Notice the ejection port and the rounded trigger guard. Any ideas on what this could be?

okay all the grabs have been converted to JPG. I'll go through and replace the smaller pics with the larger ones in a minute. Anyone wanting the zip, please PM me your email address, and I'll get it out pronto.

Originally posted by Sith Sheriff Brody@Jan 30 2006, 02:15 PM
OK, here we go.

Every year or so, somebody asks about the guns. Last time around, I snagged these pics of what looks like the heros. These are not my pics, nor do I have any information about them... But they sure are purdy.

randj1.jpg

randj2.jpg

-Mike
[snapback]1171430[/snapback]​

Hi, I took those pics at Fox Studios in Sydney in 2002. They were a part of the props hall located on the Lot, which has since been removed I believe. I have larger versions of the pics if anyone wants them, just PM me.

J

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back