Is MR still doing a Star Trek TNG Tricorder?

rad1701

Sr Member
I know MR showed off some pics of a Trek TNG tricorder at Toy Fair I think. Anyone heard anymore about this? Are they still doing it? Any idea if it will be out this year?

I am really hoping for the tricorder and assault phaser. There were some ruminations over on the MR board that we will still see them this year...

When they say "TNG", what version are they talking about? Mark VI/VII from TNG itself, or Mark IX/X from "TNG Era"?

Are the Toy Fair pics online?

From the pics I've seen, it's going to be the Mark IX/X. Bummer as I'm a huge fan of the Mark VII. The Mark IX/X will go nicely with the phaser they did though.

Sean

They were showing the Tricorder as a "First Contact" Tricorder, IIRC the sample plaque they had at Toy Fair said First Contact.

Hopefully it'll have the same solid heft as the FC Phaser... although I'm really hoping they don't change any of the LEDs to non-canon colors (ie: the green emitter light for the FC Phaser :rolleyes).

Hopefully it'll have the same solid heft as the FC Phaser... although I'm really hoping they don't change any of the LEDs to non-canon colors (ie: the green emitter light for the FC Phaser :rolleyes).

Man isn't that the truth. All the experts they say they contacted and all the "Screen used" pieces they acquire while doing their research and they still get little details like those incorrect.

I'm not a TNG collector but I am interested in seeing where they go with the STV Phaser and the Tricorder.

Paramount didn't even allow the "experts" to do correct color LEDs in their "professionally" built tricorders that were sold in the Vegas STTE.

This was a screwup in China, after the prototype had been approved.

You can remove the piece of plastic inside the emitter for more accurate color.

Considering the original prop had no light at all (that I'm aware of), it wouldn't be something they could glean from the originals.

I just hope they get the tricorder right. I know this one inside and out, and I'll be a mite upset if they screw something up.

Personally, I'm really starting to get worried about the direction MR is heading. I've been a fan of there products since they opened for business. Unfortunately, it seems as though their desire to make props is taking a back seat to novelty items like mini-helmets and statues.

I own all of the TREK props they've produced to date and I'm certainly looking forward to these new pieces. Let's hope they get them into production.

But let's remember they actually first mentioned the assault phaser LAST year.

And we're still waiting...:cry

But let's remember they actually first mentioned the assault phaser LAST year.

And we're still waiting...:cry

So true, but lets face it, Trek has been the ******* stepchild to Star Wars, but with the cash cow dead, maybe Trek will come into it's own...:angel

MR has confirmed that they'll be showing their TNG Tricorder prototype at comic-con! Hopefully they'll be demonstrating the electronics as well...

I really hope someone does a finished Mark VII. I genuinely think the Mk IX is hideous, extra blinkies or no.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back