Hand-Schaub Webley to RotJ Fett rifle

stormtrooperguy

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I've been posting over at TDH, but figured I'd toss this out here too.

For the last couple months I've been collecting up the bits to make my own answer to the MR fett blaster.

I can't really claim much credit for "building" this, since all I've really done is put together stuff that very tallented people made. But still, it's pretty, so I decided to share!

The first part was one of the HS Webleys. I got an old one second hand. The stock was made by Chrima (shown here next to my hyperfirm EE3)

normal_Last_Roll_-_10.jpg

Next up was a custom aluminum barrel by obi1kenny:

normal_IMG_7685.JPG

And here's the most work I did myself... cutting off the barrel of the webley and grinding the inside and outside nice and smooth and round so that it all fit together:

normal_IMG_0780.jpg

To mount the barrel, I coated the entire inside of the bronze part in JB weld, then set the barrel in and lined up the scope block. Once it was set, I drilled through and put in a couple of stainless steel rivets to really secure it.

The second bit of aluminum then slips over that and secures with a set screw.

The rear scope block came next. I used the dremel with a grinding wheel to shave off from the bottom of the block until the scope sat level with the gun.

For now I'm using a Tasco 4x20 scope. If anyone has a spare ASI 4x20 with the correct scope rings, or even just the rings, shoot me a PM ;)

Anyway, too many words without a picture!

normal_IMG_0793.jpg

Next came the 6 greeblies, courtesy of Sidewinder:

normal__MG_1215.jpg

And the rubber T-track from blast-tech.com. This picture is slightly wrong... I noticed after taking it that the shorter lengths of track were a bit too short, which made the open area on the barrel look funny.

normal__MG_1216.jpg

There's a reason I bought an extra 18 inches of the stuff! I pulled the short bits off and replaced them with longer ones. Seeing as it's 2am now, I don't really feel like retaking the pic!

normal__MG_1221.jpg

And here it is all together (but with the too-short-ribs)

normal__MG_1217.jpg

On to painting...

Last edited:
Been following this over at TDH bud and it looks great!!

Oh, and it's an "HS" webley ;) ....the next best thing to the genuine article.:thumbsup

Steve

Great!

I have the same setup myself, bronze Webley, Kens barrel, Chris´stock...awesome parts to work with.

Markus

i've finished the assembly and done the base paint on it. still needs to be weathered, but i've got a 501st event tomorrow night and didn't want to have barely dry paint on there.

the bronze and aluminum one is on top, the hyperfirm underneath it.
normal__MG_2116.jpg

normal__MG_2118.jpg

there's very little in the way of the rusty brown weathering. the mottled grey look came from daubing on some black and grey acrylics, blending it on the fly.

normal__MG_2119.jpg

i'm really happy with how its coming along. all i need is a better scope!

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back