Big Trouble in Little China

Moffeaton,

Do you know how far along Timeslip is with his conversion parts? I have to decide whether to track down the other Italeri Freightliner or not. Thanks in advance.

Don

Decals will come from JT-Graphics. Will try to get these done in time for WF.
Parts will be cast by Timeslip (the guy who also made the Jack/creature figures so I assume they will be in the same bundle).
Photo etch - probably will ask ParaGrafix to run with that ball, get 'em done in silver.

At least ya got me motivated!

I'm doing the conversion parts - I bought the $$ Freightliner you guys hipped us to, so all I have to do is extend the cab height. I have rivet decals, and will laser cut new panels to graft. I have extended the fuel tanks and stripped the mounting brackets - those will all be photo etch with the step tread plates (those are already drawn).... so not a lot left to do, just have to carve out the time. Pre-Wonderfest, Pre-Comicon deadlines, and existing commission work has me busy, but I will try to get it done.

Oh - I am re-doing the whole exhaust stacks too, because the heat shields are photo etch as well... so the stacks will be new from the ground up (the kit needed to be modded any way).

Sorry about the reply , guess I got off on the wrong foot I didn't think you was doing all that so sorry , I have extended the cab already and have extended tanks to in aluminium , I just need photo etch , hood ornament , and decals , which I doubt who ever sells the kit will do seperetly anyhow do you have any idea how much the kit will be

- - - Updated - - -

I'm doing the conversion parts - I bought the $$ Freightliner you guys hipped us to, so all I have to do is extend the cab height. I have rivet decals, and will laser cut new panels to graft. I have extended the fuel tanks and stripped the mounting brackets - those will all be photo etch with the step tread plates (those are already drawn).... so not a lot left to do, just have to carve out the time. Pre-Wonderfest, Pre-Comicon deadlines, and existing commission work has me busy, but I will try to get it done.

Oh - I am re-doing the whole exhaust stacks too, because the heat shields are photo etch as well... so the stacks will be new from the ground up (the kit needed to be modded any way).

There is stacks on the truck site very similar to jacks with photo etch sheet to have you seen them

This is what I got.
Screen Shot 2016-05-08 at 6.30.57 PM.png

- - - Updated - - -

Timeslip will be selling them so I have no idea. I might see if Paragrafix will do the PE separately. Dunno if it would be a big seller though.

This is what I got.
View attachment 622743

- - - Updated - - -

Timeslip will be selling them so I have no idea. I might see if Paragrafix will do the PE separately. Dunno if it would be a big seller though.

Kit for services do some good stack I was going to use here's a link I can't post pictures I'm on my phone but these look great

http://www.kitformservices.com/gallery/nc7.JPG

http://www.kitformservices.com/gallery/nc6.JPG

Here is them on an Australian liner they look Bob on

http://www.kitformservices.com/gallery/4900.jpg

There aluminium and pretty cheap and the tops are perfect

Last edited:
I really appreciate you sharing where you are in the process. As I have seen on another social networking page, you are indeed busy. Has Paul at Paragraphix agreed to do the phototetch?

Tank extended, ready for putty. There is something generally "off" with the model kit that throws the area on the right of the tank a bit - I can't pinpoint what is going on - you'd need to add a couple millimeters to the frame to rectify it, but I'm okay with this egregious error in accuracy - it's lining up pretty well, otherwise!

13719470_10154413886188156_6621482590146723708_o.jpg

Last edited:
The book is not out yet. I got copies of set photography/truck survey on set.

I will have to make the lights. Shouldn't be hard.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back