Big Trouble in Little China

Jonnieboy,

These decals were done by a chap for his own model and were not offered for sale. I have been in contact with him and he has very graciously given me permission to share them with anyone who wants them. You are on the list, don't worry. Thing is he can't find the file he used to make the decals. He has sent me photos of a waterlogged sheet he did find and with that and the photos he had posted already I am going to try to reproduce the full sheet to make the decals with. As soon as I can I will post Images of the sheet for everyone to see.

As to price, I can't really say yet. I'm not looking to make any money as Phil hasn't asked for any but I will need to cover the cost of the decal printing and possibly help with the graphics. I will only charge the actual postage it takes to get them to you and the others. When I know more I will also post that information.

I know this doesn't really answer your questions but that is all I have for now, sorry.

Don

Jonnieboy,

These decals were done by a chap for his own model and were not offered for sale. I have been in contact with him and he has very graciously given me permission to share them with anyone who wants them. You are on the list, don't worry. Thing is he can't find the file he used to make the decals. He has sent me photos of a waterlogged sheet he did find and with that and the photos he had posted already I am going to try to reproduce the full sheet to make the decals with. As soon as I can I will post Images of the sheet for everyone to see.

As to price, I can't really say yet. I'm not looking to make any money as Phil hasn't asked for any but I will need to cover the cost of the decal printing and possibly help with the graphics. I will only charge the actual postage it takes to get them to you and the others. When I know more I will also post that information.

I know this doesn't really answer your questions but that is all I have for now, sorry.

Don

No thats great and il give you a couple beers and postage for printing and posting no problem , lets hope the guy finds the file , his decals look good , i wish he did a build of the truck and where he got the parts etc , as soon as i get all mine together , il do my first build and post parts and where i got them etc , cant wait , feel like a kid as im just getting back into model building " built a few as a kid " and i should start it this month ..

Jonnieboy,

I pulled this together using Microsoft Paint, just about the limit of my digital manipulation skills.
Blind try.png
The strips are not scaled to the truck nor are the names. I've got some work ahead of me.

don

they look ok tbh , wish i had a printer , maybe when i get my truck i could scale these up at least we got the shapes , when im done bullding the truck il get to sorting these out like the back stripe on the truck now doesnt have them missing bits , i think they were metal panels with roof lights attached over the stripe , but il sort them eventually , thats iff you havnt already or the guy can find the digital finished version .. progress is being made though we will get there in the end :):thumbsup

ok my truck is on the way i got a revell freightliner convensional , it has the exact right size sleeper it will just need raising up higher , ive looked at the model and pictures of the pork chop truck and they have the exact same details except its sleeper is taller , same door , hinges etc , il post some pics when i get it ..

Last edited:
He's making them available so all you need to buy is the FLC kit, yeah. And we will have decals made too, yep.

moffeaton,

Are the decals the ones that chromiumdioxide did? I've been in contact with him and he can't find the .psd file. I do have the unfinished sheet he had up on photobucket and he did send me a photo of the 'JACK' for the doors.

Do you know if George is going to do the enlarged 150 gallon tanks? Is there a way I could contact George directly? Thank you in advance for your work on this.

Best regards,
Don

No, they will be decals I make in Illustrator.

I'm mastering the larger tanks for George, yep.

I'll let you know when it' all ready, and you can contact him then!

Jonnieboy,

Fantastic find and even better deal !!! Good thing I did know or we would have had a bidding war you and I. :devil I think I am just going to concentrate on doing the tractor first and worry about the trailer later. Looking forward to seeing your progress.

View attachment 532834View attachment 532835View attachment 532836

I made my sleeper today i used the convensional sleeper and extended it with a frieghtliner 120 sleeper , filled and rubbed it down its not a bad job for a first atempt at fabricating ive moved the gas tank back to the right position and i need a set of 8 cm tanks the truck is slightly stretched on film but the steps are the same width as the sleeper and so they are on my convensional so the scale is good

Last edited:
Jonnieboy,

Unfortunately your pictures didn't come through. Can you try to repost them?

Don

did you get hold of the etched ladies yet , any word on what there like , im really struggling to find a few things to like handles for the back and spotlights for the roof front and back etc ..

Looking great! So did you buy the Revell Freightliner Conventional? I don't want to drop $150+ and not get the right sleeper length ;)

Looking great! So did you buy the Revell Freightliner Conventional? I don't want to drop $150+ and not get the right sleeper length ;)

thanks , yeah i got the convensional , iff you look on page two i put a link to a brown conventional truck with the exact same sleeper as on jacks truck
, but it has a cone on top of the truck iff you take the cone off it is jacks truck , image.jpeg

an aerodine and a conventional are the exact right sleepers both the same length , the steps are the same length as the sleeper on film and are the same length on the model , an aerodyne went for £35 pound just the other day to , i was going to bid on it but short on cash at the mo , they just need extending upwards , which i did with a fl120 sleeper .. ive measured the scale and its correct the fuel tanks are 8 cm or 8.1 or two il sus it out properly when i get time , but the sleeper is bang on its 8.1 cm in height with out the roof on top , iff you check the markings on my sleeper there exact the same as jacks truck , its the closest i can get by measuring off film as the truck is slightly warped on film because of the lense they use , but its the right sleeper length , ive checked the metal panel where the rolls of cloth go and the gaps and girders and its looks right to me . im happy with it

Last edited:
Jonnieboy,

I haven't ordered the photo-etch yet and for the same reason as you. I have been doing some commissions for Babylon 5 insignia to try to raise some readies for the photo-etch. You are in the UK so you could order them directly from kitformservices.com. Go to the photoetch page, scroll down about 4/5ths of the page and look for PE 85, Naked Ladies & Custom Bits. It lists for £5.50. You'll get it a lot faster than I will.

The alternative is to wait and see what Moffeaton comes up with. Could you please post a picture of the kit you bought for doing Jack's truck? Thanks in advance.

Don

Last edited by a moderator:
Jonnieboy,

I haven't ordered the photo-etch yet and for the same reason as you. I have been doing some commissions for Babylon 5 insignia to try to raise some readies for the photo-etch. You are in the UK so you could order them directly from kitformservices.com. Go to the photoetch page, scroll down about 4/5ths of the page and look for PE 85, Naked Ladies & Custom Bits. It lists for £5.50. You'll get it a lot faster than I will.

The alternative is to wait and see what Moffeaton comes up with. Could you please post a picture of the kit you bought for doing Jack's truck? Thanks in advance.

Don

i bought an amt wilson livestock trailer and a freightliner convensional by revell , the aerodyne would work but you would have to fabricate a roof , so the convensional is best ;-)

il get the ladies probably next week il post picks on the grill

image.jpegimage.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back