Blade Runner Badge

Dargie

Hey everyone,
I know there were threads on here about Deckard's badge.
I'm looking for the definitive version of the badge. Is it the Steinschneider version? The Los Angeles badge?

I can make all the cards and ID. I have great reference for them and the equipment to do it.

I need help identifying the right badge and wallet and possible help in making the Steinschneider badge if that's the definitive version.

Any help appreciated. I can also make the cards (on quality, thick stock styrene) in trade for help.

Best,
-J

Last edited by a moderator:
There is no definitive version of that badge Dargie. As it was never seen on film or ever confirmed that one existed at all so its simply a matter of which design appeals to you.
I am more and more inclined to think that the FORCE badge as seen on the patrolman would be the one in Deckard`s wallet.

The force badges with the picture shield when set flush into a wallet are very nice. Finding one is another story. However, given that we are now in 2017 and the lapd badges have not changed in decades, i personally think he would have had the lapd blade runner shield. And those you can still buy, in metal.

Wasn't seen, but didn't he flash something at the patrolmen after retiring Zora? Prop has never surfaced? Maybe it was a plain shield and leather carrier from 1980s supplies.

I always thought he had a temporary or something because he told Bryant-san, "I was quit when I came in here, and I'm twice as quit now." He wouldnt' have had a badge until they reissued him one.

I wouldn't mind having one myself someday to go with my Coyle blaster and vintage shot glasses. I have extra shot glasses I could trade with. ;)

The force badges with the picture shield when set flush into a wallet are very nice. Finding one is another story. However, given that we are now in 2017 and the lapd badges have not changed in decades, i personally think he would have had the lapd blade runner shield. And those you can still buy, in metal.

We assume that he would have the traditional style because we have grown up with that picture in TV and Film, going on that if the patrolman`s badge is the FORCE badge it can only follow that the Detectives badge is the same. Just have to look at the skyscraper design on it. I doubt the old LA City Hall even exist`s anymore in that universe. Two cents.

Thanks for the input, everyone. I wish I had something more exciting to add.

Best,
-J

You did just by posting mate, I`m all excited about the badge again now and have no doubt we will see at the very least Goslings badge in 2047, that in itself will be a big thing,

We might even get a shot of Deckard`s old wallet in there in some solemn moment etc. If the producers have a sense of occasion, as I`m sure they do, there might even be a badge in it. Cant wait for October.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back