Capt Mals pistol

Bodie27

Can anyone offer a suggestion of how to fix the gap between the edge of the grip to the metal edge of the frame? 1495582227803-236374150.jpg

Reason I asked is it looks like the grip fits low on the frame. Looks like you could cut the edge of the grip your trying to fill. Cut the lower area so the grip fits into the gun section better. It looks like they messed up on the lower part because the upper part of the grip looks like it would match up with the frame if it were shaped correctly. I just don't know how much the grip would move up and you would have to relocate the hole for the screw.

It looks like those grips don't fit correctly to me. If everything lines up along the frame except that gap, there really isn't going to be something to fill that gap.

You might need to make some new grips that you tailor to fit the gun.

Last edited:
Thanks for the tips guys. I've never tried to fabricate grips but youtube has plenty of examples. Bit daunted

Yea, how well does the bottom edge of the grip line up? And what version of the gun and grips are those? It looks like the exact fit issue I had with a pair of Model 47 grips on a cast from original mold Phil gun. In hindsight, I could have recut the top edge to fit the shape of the gun, but I jumped in too quickly and reshaped the bottom of the grip and now I'm stuck with an incorrect frame shape.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back