Help for total jerk with Stormtrooper armor.

Leeway

I have the a pre-assembled set of the Anovos stormtrooper armor. It looked great out of the box. I assembled it on a mannequin for display and had plans on wearing it for Halloween. Now unfortunately (or fortunately) I live in Hawaii. The heat is not kind to collectibles here and for the life of me I can't get the adhesive that attaches the velcro to the armor to hold. The whole system of velcro is shaky at best but trying to keep the torso/cod piece connected to the chest piece is the worst. I guess its the weight with the legs attached. I was thinking some kind of suspenders attached to the torso might be a solution.
Does anyone here have any recommendations on a better method to connect the armor together. There are snaps that attach the thigh pieces to the torso/cod piece. Something like that would be ideal but I'd have no idea on how to attach such a rigging.
Any help would be appreciated, just keep in mind I have no experience building or modifying my own costumes or props. After all, I did buy the assembled ensemble.

It's been a while since I read it but i believe they toss the velcro that came with it in favor of 3M industrial as well. Lots of other stuff is in there as well for better/stronger/more proper attaching of pieces.

I had the same issue 20 years ago when I wore a suit, I found most Velcro is crap ! it gums up and looses it sticky strength when it get to warm.
you need a Velcro that is able to take the heat, I found industrial strength Velcro and never had an issue....ever !

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back