A whole bunch of Mauser C96's

DeLano80

Sr Member
I thought this was an interesting picture. A WW1 Austro-Hungarian plane with a brace of blasters.
10_C96.jpg

Yes, they used them as improvised anti aircraft-guns (with self made trigger mechanisms) as they convert their former recon planes to bombers and needed something less smaller and more practicable then a water cooled, 10 kilo machine gun!

but there's something other in the picture reminds me on Star Wars more !!!
Anyone recognized this imperial-like hat too [emoji51][emoji6] ?!

Last edited:
I have modeled WW1 aircraft since I was 10. So roughly 30 years. I have dozens of research books on all sorts of aircraft. I have never seen this set up before either. Seems very impractical. But a fun picture though!

Wow, like the others have said, I myself have never seen anything like that before. That's wild to see that they even did that!
Makes me wonder if the brace/mount for that thing was made by Mauser or by a third party, like the aircraft manufacturer..?

Very cool, and thanks for sharing the photo!

-Carson

P.S. @dcarty, nice avatar! My nephews and I are big mst3k fans, and pod people happens to be one of our favorite episodes. :p

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back