Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales (Post-release)

Just came back from watching it. Definitely much better than the fourth one, non-stop action and lots of laughs. Nice cameos too. Young Jack had an uncanny valley feel to it. Make sure you stay and watch after the end credits.

Young Jack had an uncanny valley feel to it.

Wish they would get over this digital de-aging trend. Audiences have been happy to accept casting different actors to play different ages since movies began. I was having this conversation about Rogue One and Prometheus the other day.

Saw 1st time IMAX. It was amazing. Saw 2nd time IMAX 3D. Not so great especially if too close to screen but 3D effects were OK. Like OST there was probably no need to film for 3D effects. Seeing for the 3rd time on Saturday. Each time it gets better and better.

Saw it today in XPlus Dolby Atmos - Real D 3D, i always sit right in the middle of the cinema and i loved it, really good film :D Got HT Jack ordered and im allready looking forward to the next film.. and the next.

Good visuals as usual and nice sea myth stuff but I think they reached on the Barbossa/Cordelia stuff. That book was supposed to be his? What he thought was a simple ruby he put on the cover? Definitely some holes there.

Saw an advanced screening last week on the Disney Wonder and quite enjoyed it - much better than the fourth. Seeing it on the boat in full Jack costume was a great experience :)

Enjoyed it more than I expected. And much more than Covenant...

Question: what happened to Bootstrap? Last we saw him, he was serving with Will. Could that have been him in the post-credit scene?

Just saw it for the 3rd time at the El Capitan Theater in Hollywood and Highland area. Ran into Michael Singer author of Disney Pirates - Pirates Anthology. He asked me for a picture with him so that he could send it to his boss "Bruckheimer!"
P1080575.JPG

I really enjoyed it! I have to say, I have a thing for Javier Bardem playing the bad guys... The effects on his hair were pretty cool too!

I think that Jack Sparrow was a bit deceiving, I think it's been quite exhausted after so many movies. I know he's meant to be "more" drunk than the usual, but it made it lost its charm a bit..

Either way, I thought it was pretty good, and I am really curious about that post credit scene!

Last edited:
My little one wonders if all of his bad luck and misery is due to Angelica getting the voodoo doll at the end of On Stranger Tides. It's funny to think that after all these years she might be torturing him and he doesn't even know it.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back