Avatar Wasp Pistol UPDATED 7-20 good stuff!

Dymerski

Sr Member
She is all metal and is a working airsoft gun...a ton of work to go! There will be a working light and a red dot sight hidden within the scope. Everything is brazed together, no glue anywhere. My Son Luke and myself reversed engineered the gun and we believe we figured out how she was done. Some mods had to made to allow it to shoot, but they are minor.
More pics as we go.
Hope ya like!
Dean

Attachments

• IMG_2783.JPG
    IMG_2783.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 344
Last edited:
Re: Avatar Wasp Pistol UPDATED 5/27

I think all the main parts are done except for cleanup. The selector and barrel bushing need done. Everything is just laying on top of each other. Then the scope and light....boy this is hard work!!

Attachments

• IMG_2793.JPG
    IMG_2793.JPG
    746.5 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_2794.JPG
    IMG_2794.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 160
  • IMG_2795.JPG
    IMG_2795.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 149
  • IMG_2796.JPG
    IMG_2796.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 166

Thanks guys! this is our 1st milling job. We are using a manual mill and are still learning, they are not very forgiving

That's really amazing. I've always wondered why there was no good replica of this pistol available.

Are you going to do multiple or will this be a one-off ?

Re: Avatar Wasp Pistol UPDATED 6/4

Much done...rails added and more. loading figured out, probably how they did it on set but they only know. lanyard attached to screw for inserting CO2. Grips started. light next!
Dean

Attachments

• IMG_2805.JPG
    IMG_2805.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 159
  • IMG_2804.JPG
    IMG_2804.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 148
  • IMG_2803.JPG
    IMG_2803.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 135
  • IMG_2802.JPG
    IMG_2802.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 148
  • IMG_2801.JPG
    IMG_2801.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 166
  • IMG_2800.JPG
    IMG_2800.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 164

One of the best WASP build I've seen around here:cool As for the loading...you never know: it could've been what you've just showed us;)

You and your kiddo must be super pleased. That thing is just stunning. The design of that gun was out of the park.

ISS has a version of the WASP that is built on a Ruger GP-100, not a Dan Wesson. That version is the one James Cameron is firing in the BTS footage. It has a cut in the barrel shroud that allows the gun to be opened, and loaded, without having to alter the revolver's ejector rod. It's been discussed on the boards here before. Also, note the small tang from the cylinder release.

Wasp_release.jpg

Your build is looking amazing regardless of how they did what they did on the film though. Great build!!

yup, we went with the Dan Wesson as a base only for the reason, one of the previous WASP threads contributors made the gun for the flick and he said he used the Wesson. Many photos....which are few show both guns used. Ruger might of been easier!! :lol

Maybe, but I like the look without that square cut in the shroud. Yours looks much cleaner.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back