Leonardo DiCaprio in The Aviator

Cameron1138

So, probably a long shot, but I've been looking for a sweater vest (would also be fine with a regular sweater at this point) with a Fair Isle pattern in colors as close to the one he wears in the Hell's Angels filming scenes as possible.
Aviator003.jpg
I'm sure it wouldn't be possible to find the actual sweater (wouldn't be surprised if it's custom), but does anyone have any ideas for where to get something similar? I've been looking in thrift shops and scouring eBay, Etsy, Grailed, etc. for weeks and have found some that are kinda close but nothing close enough and in my size.

I've actually watched this movie about a dozen times this last week. I'm turning my little boy's bedroom into an airplane hangar themed room. The tricky part with this vest is the colors. The first half of the movie was intentionally tinted as a throwback to the early color films. The actual color of the vest can be seen in the making of the Aviator (bonus features on DVD or online). I'll start looking for you; I have several antique clothing stores where I live. PM me your size or reply back!

Ryan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've actually watched this movie about a dozen times this last week. I'm turning my little boy's bedroom into an airplane hangar themed room. The tricky part with this vest is the colors. The first half of the movie was intentionally tinted as a throwback to the early color films. The actual color of the vest can be seen in the making of the Aviator (bonus features on DVD or online). I'll start looking for you; I have several antique clothing stores where I live. PM me your size or reply back!

Ryan

Edit:
Here is a photo of the vest without the hue adjustment.
0499be721633c44c88c11023176731a4.png

Thanks for posting that. I had noticed the color changes as well and I had been curious what the actual colors were. Looks like they're not quite as different as I had thought they might be, just a bit less saturated.

I have been eyeing this vest from Brooks Brothers for a while, but I really love the teal on the vest in the movie and it just doesn't have that, and it's a little more than I want to pay for something that's not perfect. If I keep looking and I just can't find anything I might very well pick it up though. There's also this one on Amazon, which has a nearly perfect color scheme (not brown enough for the base color but it's got the teal and the dark brown/burgundy, which is close enough for me), but it's obviously only got the colored pattern on the upper chest area. If only there were one patterned like the first one but with the colors of the second...

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back