Yondu Fin Build - 3D Print Designed by Downen Creative Studios

Lord Magneto

Sr Member
I 3d printed a Yondu fin and got it all painted up earlier this week thanks to Beverly over at Downen Creative Studios. She created the file that I used for this project and I seriously loved that it came in two pieces.

I was extremely happy to see that she designed it with magnets being used to connect the pieces and it worked like a charm like you can see below.
UMb1IKC.gif

Now I just need to work on my blue body painting skills haha.... I'm pretty bad with them.

dBzuyAwl.jpg

pu0XqDZl.jpg

IpG76Q2l.jpg

Here is a full build video as well.

Attachments

• dBzuyAwl.jpg
    dBzuyAwl.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 160
  • pu0XqDZl.jpg
    pu0XqDZl.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 101
  • IpG76Q2l.jpg
    IpG76Q2l.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 160
Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, you posted a thread about the fin! That looks sick man, watched the video as well. All it needs now is some LEDs. Ever thought of doing a full yondu cosplay? Anyway great job as always man [emoji106] Oh I almost forgot
48af5372ee17f155f9320d8b77abcaf6.jpg

Sent from my ALCATEL A564C using Tapatalk

Hey, you posted a thread about the fin! That looks sick man, watched the video as well. All it needs now is some LEDs. Ever thought of doing a full yondu cosplay? Anyway great job as always man [emoji106] Oh I almost forgot https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170522/48af5372ee17f155f9320d8b77abcaf6.jpg

bwahaha that is great.

I'm definitely thinking about a full cosplay getup for it now... there is a great behind the scenes video of Michael Rooker getting painted blue as well... will be watching that a bunch of times before I decide to paint myself again

That would be amazing man! Definitely will be looking for that. Oh and don't forget when you do cosplay as yondu, use Spirit Gum :) (That's the stuff you forgot the name of in the video) XD

I'd love to cosplay as Yondu but I have too much hair and it would probably end up like this

http://jurobu.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/blue-arrested-development.jpg
If your worried about your hair not fitting into a bald cap just do what people that wear wigs do. But if your talking about your hair elsewhere then... You may have to resort to waxing my man haha[emoji1] But probably not since yondu only has his neck/head and hands showing. With that being said you should be good.

If your worried about your hair not fitting into a bald cap just do what people that wear wigs do. But if your talking about your hair elsewhere then... You may have to resort to waxing my man haha[emoji1] But probably not since yondu only has his neck/head and hands showing. With that being said you should be good.

hahahahaha ya I'll have to see if I can get my flow under a bald cap. If people can pull it off, it would be a kick ass Halloween costume

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back