Wonder Woman The God-Killer Sword

DigitalHazard

Hey everyone,

This is my first post on RPF though it's not my first build. So earlier this month I decided to create a full Wonder Woman costume complete with sword and shield. I wanted to do this to help promote the movie come it's premiere out here and so kids and older fans of DC or Wonder Woman in general could have an even greater experience.

Currently I have the Shield partially done, I'm making it out of fiberglass resin and bondo so I just have to finish the fiberglass curing, bondo surfacing and smoothing before I can starve to detail it. While I wait for the shield to cure I wanted to start working on the sword but I've run into a bit of a snag with it. Many pictures I've found of the God-Slayer sword always seem to show just the one side, I'm not sure if the sword hilt has dragon faces on both sides or the jaws on one side and the faces on the other. The next issue I've come across is the writing on the sword. I haven't been able to find any good pictures of the writing, the pictures I have found I can only make out a few.

I'm not sure how many others or if anyone else has tried to make the God-Killer sword yet but any help with the writing on it would be greatly appreciated!

Not great, but here are a few shots that might be a bit helpful in getting some designs down.
Screen Shot 2017-05-16 at 2.38.07 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-05-16 at 2.40.48 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-05-16 at 2.40.54 PM.png

Thank you! those are actually very helpful!

- - - Updated - - -

Awesome!

if you end up with some templates when you are done....
sword if on the bottom of my list for the moment though

Will do! I'm going to draw everything out in Illustrator before I transfer it to paper then to cardboard before I start making the sword form with expanding foam.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back