Super Newbie EVA Foam question - painting related

Crystabell

hey guys! I'm about to embark on my first EVA foam project, and had a question regarding painting. My armor will have a lot of details - should I produce everything separately, paint it, then assemble ? or assemble, then paint after ?? it seems easier to paint all separately, but will contact cement stick to the base if it's covered in acrylic paint? would I need to scratch it off ? or assemble first, paint base/major color, then masking tape around the details? I can't imagine scratching off paint for glue adhesion with the number of tiny pieces i'll have :/

Put it together an then paint it the contact cement will not stick to a painted piece. before you paint also make sure to seal your foam to get good results

Sent from my HTCD200LVW using Tapatalk

I was afraid of that :/ my fear of course being if i have to try and pain the details after they're on the base, i'll screw it up :/ but i guess if i can use painters tape on the base to isolate the details, it might be ok!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back