Baby Groot Figures, not seen these before

razorsharp192

Sr Member
I know some people are making 3d printed versions of baby Groot, but just found these figures online, not seen them before, they're 18cm tall and £40 each, seem really good

HTB1pS0rQVXXXXaDaXXXq6xXFXXXJ.jpgHTB1uaReQVXXXXbFaXXXq6xXFXXXS.jpgHTB1aiBoQVXXXXX0aXXXq6xXFXXXg.jpg

Looks to have been sculpted from the trailers.. The bomb don't have the batteries attached because they are not show in the trailer.

Well I would've done but the seller was a con man and never had the items in the first place. Got my money back, will have to get a Groot from another seller

Sorry to hear that happened to you, and am happy you at least got your money back. Is it just me, or does it look like Baby Groot is flipping double birds in your last pic? I've seen the film a few times now, and finally broke down and pre-ordered the Hot Toys Baby Groot.

If no one has seen it, I really suggest checking out the Walmart exclusive baby Groot in Ravager suit. They're $20, have great sculpting, are articulated at the neck, wrist ,& shoulders. After a quick weathering job with shoe polish on the suit, some acrylic dry brushing on the 'wood', & some clear nail polish on the eyes, I'm seriously glad I didn't spend the money on any of the prints floating around.

If no one has seen it, I really suggest checking out the Walmart exclusive baby Groot in Ravager suit. They're $20, have great sculpting, are articulated at the neck, wrist ,& shoulders. After a quick weathering job with shoe polish on the suit, some acrylic dry brushing on the 'wood', & some clear nail polish on the eyes, I'm seriously glad I didn't spend the money on any of the prints floating around.

Just had a look at those, looks good for a toy

Just had a look at those, looks good for a toy

Yeah, I was really impressed with it. I'd post photos, but my Photobucket account is all jacked up at the moment. The weathering I did is really subtle & doesn't show up really well anyways in pics.

A bit more detail on my process-

I covered the suit with black shoe polish, then wiped it off. That really gives the 'leather' a realistic Sheen. I hit the Ravager insignia with some bronze acrylic paint, & dry brushed the zippers with some silver.

For Groot, I painted him with chocolate brown, then wiped off the excess, did a heavy dry brushing with a light brown, leaving the darker color in the crevasses, then a very light brushing of tan for some highlight.

Did the clear nail polish on the eyes, hit the entire thing with matte clear to seal it, & he was done.

If you go this route, is suggest doing the eyes after the sealer, as the matte will dull the eyes.

I just finished my Walmart Ravager groot. He is weathered with standard liquid shoe polish. The metal details are rub n buff, and I took the fake glare off his eyes with a sharpie. Then that got some clear nail polish.
1496062625454706387246.jpg
14960627203121237500587.jpg
1496062772327702282397.jpg
149606281921899019157.jpg
1496062870763653385815.jpg

Last edited:
I got this Baby Groot on ebay from a seller in Hong Kong for $34.98 (including the $10 shipping) and it is AMAZING!
The only thing missing, as stated in the video above, is the batteries and light up functions. This is heavy resin and actually has great paint!
It is taller than a soda can, the only other nit I had was that the pegs on Groot's feet do not lock into the base so you will need to glue them or add some foam to get a good seat so he does not tip over. I was extremely skeptical about this, especially for some of the high prices I had seen. I had purchased a small keychain sized version of Groot to make the same scene but this one tops it. If you are on the fence about it I can assure you it is a great statue, just make sure you get a reliable seller and are ready to wait on a slow boat to deliver it to you.

just found another one, £23 shipped on ebay, looks pretty good

View attachment 731032View attachment 731033View attachment 731034

So I finally took the plunge and orded one of these off ebay, it cost £17.29 shipped and it took about 2 weeks to arrive. In terms of quality i'm pleased, it had a smell of vinyl when I opened the blister pack initally so i'm guessing it's made of vinyl, but it seems like a solid cast (i can't see it warping/bending at all). The paint job is nice, looks pretty accurate to me (although I'm not an expert of Groot by any means). Overall really pleased, good quality little prop and cheap too!

G4orkkq.jpgA78jAPB.jpggjlyJuo.jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back