Captain Marvel/Carol Danvers Suit

Sparklefists

Hiya Everyone!

I've been planning on making a Captain Marvel suit for a while now, and since I finally have some big things off my plate, I'm actually hoping to start. My big plan is to have it done before the movie comes out in a couple of years so I can wear it on release day.

I'm basing my suit off of a design by Miguel Mercado, which is similar to her current comics look, but with a more MCU'ified design.
captain_marvel_mcu_by_merkymerx-da44rc4.jpg
(Base Design)

4643444-5778675736-Capta.jpg
(Comic Design Character Sheet)

This isn't the first cosplay thing I've started (though it might be the first I finish), but it is pretty different from my other projects, so I'm having a little trouble getting it off the ground. My main source of difficulty is figuring out what materials would work best, and to a lesser extent a base design to work off of. If anyone has any suggestion, I'd be more than happy to hear them :)

That is one of my favorite Captain Marvel designs and I've been wanting to see someone tackle it for a while!

For materials, if you have time, just wandering the isles of your local fabric or hobby store until you find materials that will work is a great method. The texture in the art kind of looks like a double knit jersey fabric, though, if that gives you any ideas.

For a base, you can just get a flight suit sewing pattern for not too much. You can also look into purchasing a cheap costume flight suit from amazon or something similar and then you can take it apart and modify it to suit your needs. The second option might also give you some more fabric ideas.

Nice design choice. I have wanted to do a Rule 63 Carol Danvers Captain Marvel for some time and also envisioned a flight suit/BDU style costume. Excited to see what you come up with.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back