Alien: Covenant (Post-release)

Page from the Covenant novelization where he says he didn't create the alien. So confused.

18620615_10154667263888100_6644306020897673103_o.jpg

David is a liar, He wanted Oram to trust him.

Bryancd, Ridley has suggested there could be at least another two films, plenty time to cover the Engineers & how the ship ends up on LV426.

David is a liar, He wanted Oram to trust him.

Bryancd, Ridley has suggested there could be at least another two films, plenty time to cover the Engineers & how the ship ends up on LV426.

Yeah. Ridley suggests a lot of things. He suggested a lot things in Prometheus that he literally blew up in Covenant. He needs to stop. He's done enough damage to Alien. Someone take this away from him before he hurts himself.

Yeah. Ridley suggests a lot of things. He suggested a lot things in Prometheus that he literally blew up in Covenant. He needs to stop. He's done enough damage to Alien. Someone take this away from him before he hurts himself.

I disagree, I think he's doing the Alien story more justice than anyone else has so far & I hope he's around long enough to see this through :)

Its interesting though, this film is proving quite divisive among fans, more so than any others so far :unsure

Well, it pains me to read all these negative comments :cry It seems almost as if some just want it fail :thumbsdown

Personally... I loved it!! I think its a Superb film & I particularly like the way the new life cycle is going. To me its more inline with the original concept of egg-morphing before Cameron jumped in & gave it something that IMO took away from the fear a rogue alien put into it.

The Queen & hive concept is all too familiar & not scary at all, its just a bigger alien & IMO bigger doesn't mean better. Don't get me wrong, Aliens is a great film but I'm happy to see it de-canonised in favour of what IMO is a better, scarier & more unusual life cycle.

I'm really looking forward to the next instalment, there's so much more story to cover before we get close to the Alien we're all familiar with :)

The score is Awesome! I've listened to it a lot & I'm convinced there's not only the obvious cut from the original but also a hint at the Alien3 score in at least one part.

I have theory I wanted to share regarding David at the end. The twist is all to obvious so I put it to you that its actually Walter with David uploaded to him... what do you think :D

That makes more sense than having David`s code entered at the end. Interesting . I was more than willing to see this film,enjoyed it and still missed a lot of stuff, imagine what the people who unwillingly went to see it missed.;)

I disagree, I think he's doing the Alien story more justice than anyone else has so far & I hope he's around long enough to see this through :)

Its interesting though, this film is proving quite divisive among fans, more so than any others so far :unsure

It's proved divisive because it's equally as bad as AVP, just with a Ridley Scott aesthetic. People were rightly expecting far greater things than a largely brainless mash-up of Alien and Aliens with a splash of Dr. Moreau thrown in. The "writers" are largely to blame. But, Scott is steering the ship, now. He's not just the director. He's only as good as his source material. And, he's proving not to be very good at generating that himself.

When Daniels stabbed David in the chin with her nail necklace it was left stuck in his flesh for a while and later on when he's putting her in cryo sleep there is no scar or hole or anything where she stabbed him. At first I thought 'Oh, it can't be David because there's no hole where she stabbed him.'

True, but when you look back, when Walter was originally damaged...he healed extremely quick. I think it even showed his injury hole closing. For me it was too easily telegraphed. I choose to believe that the android at the end is actually Walter, and David somehow downloaded himself and took over Walter.

I mean, when you stop to think about David cutting and killing Walter, then removing his hand to make it look exactly like Walters damaged/missing limb, running to make it too the lift off in time, and healing from the nail stab, after clearly being messed up (remember how he was talking to Walter, while reaching for the knife...he sounded damaged)...it just seems crazy. Lol

I just watched ALIEN: Covenant. Did not like Prometheus much, so I didn't have any great expectations for the sequel to Prometheus either.
Covenant was OK.
I really like ALIEN and ALIENS back in the old days.....hard to beat them or come close to them. But, it is still possible to produce a great movie from familiar material.
The Covenant was quite a different direction from Prometheus and not intellectually brilliant, it is very passable as a horror flick. I hope they do a sequel to the Covenant.
Gotta see what they come up with next time round.:popcorn David is a badass....want to see his demise and to hear his last words. What a narcissistic deluded little robot he is.
I think David's "soul" ended up inside the more superior Walter's body. (hmmm?) and Sheesh...was David so pissed off that Walter was built better than him.

I just watched ALIEN: Covenant. Did not like Prometheus much, so I didn't have any great expectations for the sequel to Prometheus either.
Covenant was OK..

To be honest, I had bad memories of Prometheus, and re watched it like after Covenant, and I actually really liked it. Visuals are breathtaking, and the characters follow a more logical way of thinking x). But it's not as bad as I remembered.

And I agree with people here, I think David switched bodies too x)

Switching to Walters body also gives him access to the new upgrades which we dont fully know the extent of yet. It also means that the original David is still loose on the planet,
I would think if he can upload himself into Walter it would just be a copy of the original files. Two Davids.

That`s one viable outcome for sure, there must be a parking bay of ships under the round opening that began as David arrived at the Engineers city.
Can play a long game this David.

Oh wow.

Censored by yours truly, but still probably NSFW!
avpinyourshower%202_zpslbsfcu15.jpg

Wow. Basically Haag drew two people having sex in the shower, forgot he needed a Xeno to be in the scene, took a promotional image of a Xeno from Alien Vs. Predator, reduced it's opacity and placed it on the transparent plate. A piece of Alien: Covenant concept art and the alien itself is the tacked on part. Quite a fitting metaphor for the sequence in general, don't you think?

Will fix it in Post! :lol

Oh wow.

Censored by yours truly, but still probably NSFW!

Wow. Basically Haag drew two people having sex in the shower, forgot he needed a Xeno to be in the scene, took a promotional image of a Xeno from Alien Vs. Predator, reduced it's opacity and placed it on the transparent plate. A piece of Alien: Covenant concept art and the alien itself is the tacked on part. Quite a fitting metaphor for the sequence in general, don't you think?

Ok, I took a chance. Fk I'm glad I don't go on word of mouth alone and see stuff for myself.

Yes, there isn't a lot of meat there. Yes the characters are dumb as a box of rocks. I was still entertained and glad I saw it on the big screen. I feel it would lose what little it had going for if I saw it on TV for the first time. I went in with zero expectations. I was not going to try to tie it to alien in any way. I looked at is as a sequel to Prometheus only. It works better that way. I thought all the xenomorph encounters were intense as hell! Just wow. I think someone going into this with no knowledge of Alien or Prometheus will leave scratching their heads. They could have fleshed the story out a little more.

Saw it again tonight, dunno if this was resolved elsewhere, but saw it mentioned in this thread. David actually says to Mother at the end 'New log-in - David (number)', so he wasn't already registered in some unseen conspiracy as someone else suggested.

This presumably means David couldn't enter Walter's code to access the embryo chamber because he didn't know it, which kinds of craps on the David switched bodies with Walter theory, unless it wiped Walter's memory. It also suggests The Covenant has really crappy security protocols.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back