Alien: Covenant (Post-release)

4. This film seems to make "Aliens" null and void, both eliminating the queen, and ignoring the references to Arcturans, etc.

This hasnt been picked up on as much as I thought it would.
Alien : Narcissus, holy cow.;)

Addition : The Arcturans may not have been discovered yet.

Last edited:
This hasnt been picked up on as much as I thought it would.
Alien : Narcissus, holy cow.;)

Maybe I missed that but did they say in the film that humanity had not encountered any other alien life? In Prometheus that was implied but never really said, which made them discovering an ancient alien civilization and seeming so nonplussed was really annoying. Same thing here, they make these astounding discoveries (wheat! a crashed ship!) and they seem only marginally interested.

Its not unthinkable that not just A3 and AR were the only ones to get the "treatment" in this whole new world, not saying that I support such a radical proposal but it is fascinating to play around with.

Last edited:
Yeah you would think the instant they stepped into that area with all of the petrified Engineers someone would have went "WHOA, STOP! These are humanoid aliens!"

Yeah you would think the instant they stepped into that area with all of the petrified Engineers someone would have went "WHOA, STOP! These are humanoid aliens!"

They didn't give a toss when they found dead Engineers in Prometheus either!

- - - Updated - - -

https://i.imgur.com/ztYrR9l.jpg

Anyone catch exactly what David said about the Neomorph before the Captain killed it? I think it was, "if you blow on its nose it will trust you?". I hope I'm not correct.

Yes, he was referencing a form of horse training apparently.

Maybe the aliens in this film are just misunderstood. Rapid growth, has to make them extremely hungry. Maybe their just hangry. That Neomorph did seem to be a relaxed chap after biting that girls head off.

They didn't give a toss when they found dead Engineers in Prometheus either!

Yes, they did. Holloway and Shaw were prepared for it and had seen them depicted in cave paintings. It's what they went there to find and had briefed the crew on. Fifield and and Millburn freaked out when they found them and headed back to the ship. There was definite reaction.

Yes, they did. Holloway and Shaw were prepared for it and had seen them depicted in cave paintings. It's what they went there to find and had briefed the crew on. Fifield and and Millburn freaked out when they found them and headed back to the ship. There was definite reaction.

I'm being flippant. Holloway's HUGE disappointment that they weren't alive and there to answer his questions was the worst. His descent into a Champagne bottle was weak considering they had NO idea that they would actually find anything, it was either a theory or in Shaw's case FAITH. Yes, got it Ridley, that's part of the theme. Milburn was more interested in the little Hammerhead snake then the actual Engineers.

I don't think Covenant precludes there being Queen's. David has 2000 colonists and seven years to continue to develop the "perfect organism" and to do so it need to be able to self replicate, so developing a Queen would make perfect sense.

I'm being flippant. Holloway's HUGE disappointment that they weren't alive and there to answer his questions was the worst. His descent into a Champagne bottle was weak considering they had NO idea that they would actually find anything, it was either a theory or in Shaw's case FAITH. Yes, got it Ridley, that's part of the theme. Milburn was more interested in the little Hammerhead snake then the actual Engineers.

I don't think Covenant precludes there being Queen's. David has 2000 colonists and seven years to continue to develop the "perfect organism" and to do so it need to be able to self replicate, so developing a Queen would make perfect sense.

I hope your right about the Queen, Bryan. Two of the most scary things to ever grace the screen of cinema. The first alien creature from 1979 scared the bejesus out of me when my older brother lovingley snuck me as a minor to see the film, then the Queen did the same thing to me when my Father took me to see Aliens instead of the Transformers cartoon movie that he told my Mother he was taking me too. Lol. I would hate to see the Queen erased from Cannon. Maybe in a way, based on David's experimentations...Dr. Shaw's genetic code lives on.

I hope your right about the Queen, Bryan. Two of the most scary things to ever grace the screen of cinema. The first alien creature from 1979 scared the bejesus out of me when my older brother lovingley snuck me as a minor to see the film, then the Queen did the same thing to me when my Father took me to see Aliens instead of the Transformers cartoon movie that he told my Mother he was taking me too. Lol. I would hate to see the Queen erased from Cannon. Maybe in a way, based on David's experimentations...Dr. Shaw's genetic code lives on.

People keep saying Ridley is tossing out Aliens but this film had a ton of Aliens commonalities. The way the Xenomoroh moved, the weapons, the speed of the action. This film was far more a live letter to Aliens then ALIEN. And that makes me mad as well. I wanted my A L I E N.

Illustrated review:

18581645_10203290751226174_1781482016770244727_n.jpg

People keep saying Ridley is tossing out Aliens but this film had a ton of Aliens commonalities. The way the Xenomoroh moved, the weapons, the speed of the action.

No way Ridley Scott is going to bring in elements from a film that features elements created by someone else. He'd sooner go back to egg morphing than use Jame's Cameron's Queen.

Well, it pains me to read all these negative comments :cry It seems almost as if some just want it fail :thumbsdown

Personally... I loved it!! I think its a Superb film & I particularly like the way the new life cycle is going. To me its more inline with the original concept of egg-morphing before Cameron jumped in & gave it something that IMO took away from the fear a rogue alien put into it.

The Queen & hive concept is all too familiar & not scary at all, its just a bigger alien & IMO bigger doesn't mean better. Don't get me wrong, Aliens is a great film but I'm happy to see it de-canonised in favour of what IMO is a better, scarier & more unusual life cycle.

I'm really looking forward to the next instalment, there's so much more story to cover before we get close to the Alien we're all familiar with :)

The score is Awesome! I've listened to it a lot & I'm convinced there's not only the obvious cut from the original but also a hint at the Alien3 score in at least one part.

I have theory I wanted to share regarding David at the end. The twist is all to obvious so I put it to you that its actually Walter with David uploaded to him... what do you think :D

Well, it pains me to read all these negative comments :cry It seems almost as if some just want it fail :thumbsdown

Personally... I loved it!! I think its a Superb film & I particularly like the way the new life cycle is going. To me its more inline with the original concept of egg-morphing before Cameron jumped in & gave it something that IMO took away from the fear a rogue alien put into it.

The Queen & hive concept is all too familiar & not scary at all, its just a bigger alien & IMO bigger doesn't mean better. Don't get me wrong, Aliens is a great film but I'm happy to see it de-canonised in favour of what IMO is a better, scarier & more unusual life cycle.

I'm really looking forward to the next instalment, there's so much more story to cover before we get close to the Alien we're all familiar with :)

The score is Awesome! I've listened to it a lot & I'm convinced there's not only the obvious cut from the original but also a hint at the Alien3 score in at least one part.

I have theory I wanted to share regarding David at the end. The twist is all to obvious so I put it to you that its actually Walter with David uploaded to him... what do you think :D

Yeah I think there is a possible outcome where David does establish the original ALIEN lifecycle where Xenomorph doesn't just kill victims but transforms them into eggs, creating a closed system of reproduction. And David has 2000 colonist he could transform into all the eggs we see in the Derelict ship in ALIEN. And maybe that ship was flown by an Engineer who is trying to stop David in the third film. Remember the LV426 transmission the Nostromo intercepts was a WARNING. Whoever died flying that ship didn't want anyone to come close to those eggs.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back