Alien: Covenant (Post-release)

Jeyl, yep all over the place as was the aliens picking and choosing how long to burst out of the host body.

I will concede that there was one glorious scene. When the Captain's wife slips on the blood while shooting, then T's wife comes in and also slips on the blood while shooting...later to blow the whole ship up while shooting. That was pretty funny and cool.

Last edited by a moderator:
angry-mob.jpg

Taken minutes before the opening session at the Transilvanian Imperial Multiplex

I remember Jodhpur guy from the opening day of Prometheus, just him. Respect. His torch wasnt lit back then either and when I asked him he said he had commitment issues.

Last edited:
I liked it. I resisted reading any review or seeing any trailer. I loved Prometheus. I loved this one. It made me jump out of my seat and cringe.

Here is my Facebook review. I was too young to see Alien in the theater. I begged. I pleaded. I asked every adult I knew.
If I can help one kid convince his mom to take him to see it, I will have succeeded.

No spoilers. My review of Alien Covenant. I'll try to be objective since the Alien series is my favorite of all time. However, this is the feel-good movie of the summer. I took the kids. We all loved it. There are a few scary scenes but it talks about life, death, our relationship with our Creator. It's an exploration of what it means to be human and where and how we fit in the cosmos. Since most of the crew are couples there is one scene you might want to cover up the little kids size for you'll know which one. There is even a heartfelt scene where siblings are reunited but again no spoilers. My only criticism. Could have had more James Franco. He isn't the scene stealing hack like in his other movies.(127 hours, please
1f641.png
:( Oh. And the giant terra forming equipment was big and yellow but had the wrong logo;) Victoria Keese Morrissey Overall, it's like a really well made bible story.#noah Yes, faith and religion play a major role. Sorry for the long review. I just want all of you to have the same warm glow that I feel right now:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah. Just saw that/ It would have been a good part of feeling for the crew.
BTW, it was an incredible effort on my part to avoid trailers. Now that i have seen the movie, I feel the trailers really ruin the terrifying suspense that I felt.
If you saw the trailer, you knew things that I didn't . I saw a better movie than you did. If you watched the trailer and are now ripping on the movie, maybe you ruined it for your self.

Based on some of the thoughts shared here and the many problems I had with Promethe-mess, looks like some of the same things
will still be major problems for me.
I think this has to go into my never view bin.

There must be a lot of peeps who never went to see Blade Runner because I remember it got very little if any positive feedback , sucks to be them.
Not comparing the two movies, but can.

It has become very obvious to me, and many others, to where this movie failed. Ridley Scott made some great films, but it really
Surprises me to see such a lack of detail, and the real time storyline missing from this film. Amongst other things.
So what happened? If we look at the 1st film, we had Dan Obannon, and Ronald Susett for the story, as well as Dan Obannon for the
Screenplay. We also got the half crazzed, control freak, extremely detailed H.R. Giger (I say that in the most respectful way! Huge fan!)
For the Alien, planet scenery, derlict ship, egg, facehugger, and the space jockey. The model makers, the actors, and so much more that made
That movie, still!!! Scary to this day! Now we have Ridley Scott, and CGI, which was horrible! I tried to embrace the original alien at the end,
Even the new ones, but they looked like cgi crap! I could not believe how horrible they looked..... Anyway, I think it's apparent, it takes more
Than Ridley, to make it work. Sadly enough. I'm still ticked he dropped the engineer's out of storyline so abruptly. That was the main factor,
And he stated, was his main storyline, for Prometheus. We get like 5 minutes!... nevermind...

*raises hand*

I have a question. Why did David help the crew hunt down and kill the second Xenomorph on the Covenant? Why not trap the crew and lead the Xenomorph right to them? That way, the people who want to kill David's 'perfect organism' are dead, David has his loyal pet Xeno at his side and the film ends way more in his favor? Was 2,000 colonists not enough?

David: 2,000 frozen souls ripe for experimentation!... No. 2,000 is too low.
MU-TH-UR: 2,000 too low?
David: Yes. It must be... 2,002!

I don't think David cared either way about the xeno. If David had 'done an Ash' he might have ended up like Ash. If the Xeno had got the survivors, no problem. If it didn't, no problem. Why increase any risk to himself by interfering with the human's attempts to kill it?

*raises hand*

I have a question. Why did David help the crew hunt down and kill the second Xenomorph on the Covenant? Why not trap the crew and lead the Xenomorph right to them? That way, the people who want to kill David's 'perfect organism' are dead, David has his loyal pet Xeno at his side and the film ends way more in his favor? Was 2,000 colonists not enough?

David: 2,000 frozen souls ripe for experimentation!... No. 2,000 is too low.
MU-TH-UR: 2,000 too low?
David: Yes. It must be... 2,002!

Grandpa (aka, Ridley) still wants to drive the car, but can't see over the wheel. It's time to take the keys away.

- - - Updated - - -

What risk? He's in a room all by himself controlling all the doors on the Covenant.

That was just Ridley trying to build "suspense". After all, that is what he said this film is about: "suspense, suspense, suspense". I can just see them at the writing table..." oh, I know what we'll do...well have the audience just guessing oh, look it can't be David, cause David would help the Xeno...then bam...surprise, surprise...it was David all along".

What was with James Franco's "cameo"? And Noomi shots some stuff for this film? Why? That could have been anyone in the holographic projection!
:facepalm

I love how David had not only hair dye available, but the correct color available to look just like Walter. Why exactly did David crash the Engineer ship anyway? I doubt he woke Shaw up after unleashing hell on the Primitive/yet far more advanced than us Engineer home world. You think he would have just up and went back to Earth after experimenting using the ship at the end if the Engineer ship was busted?

And lastly, that.."I'll do the fingering" line. Was anyone in a showing where the audience was not laughing after that?

I was. A single guy snickered. Everything in this film fell flat, then burned to a crisp.

What was with James Franco's "cameo"? And Noomi shots some stuff for this film? Why? That could have been anyone in the holographic projection!
:facepalm

I was. A single guy snickered. Everything in this film fell flat, then burned to a crisp.

Lol, much like Franco's short screen time!

Franco is pretty close to McBride, which had to likely be the reason Franco was in such a small role. That, and of course..money is money. I think in regards to Noomi, one or two things will happen, either she made the cameo just for pay, or there will be flash back scenes with her in the next film. That is if there is going to be a next film. Hopefully the studio will wise up and replace the writers and have another director. Please be James Cameron!

Saw this movie couple of days ago at the premiere. I must say that I was positively surprised. Of course this isn't perfect movie however it is much better than I excepted it to be. I do have problems with some lore changes though.

And as many previously said parts involving Michael Fassbender's characters are perfectly acted (in terms of his acting).

Also post scriptum, I absolutely love the design of David's drawings. They kind of remind me of Da Vinci's work. I wonder who designed them for film.

That is if there is going to be a next film. Hopefully the studio will wise up and replace the writers and have another director. Please be James Cameron!

Whoa there, Trigger! Easy, boy. Cameron would just be a slightly lower level of suck. He's past it, too. While I love Aliens, it isn't the same kind of movie as Alien. I don't think he has it in him to make the kind of movie that Scott was trying to make in Prometheus. He just rather went about it like a once great marksman with glaucoma wearing a blindfold while trying to hit a bullseye at 1000 yards.

The other issue is writing. Are there any actual "writers" left out there? Yes, there are people who put words on paper so that directors have something to shoot. But, in terms of INTELLIGENT, well-thought, engaging stories working on multiple levels...? I don't know if it's out there. All the greats are getting old and the new crop has little more than a superficial mentality. Simplistic stories and dialog. Just enough to hang visuals on. Who cares if it makes sense? I just don't think the talent is there anymore to make the kind of movie that Prometheus and Covenant should've been. It's probably best to let it go instead of continuing to erode the legacy of the original.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back