Semi-functinal Jack Sparrow compass - scratch build

McFlyte

G'day folks,

I'm working on a scratch built JS compass. I have a question regarding the 'mechanism' advertised as inside the Master Replicas compass to make it spin in random directions. Does anyone know how it worked? I can't find anything specific online.

I'm about halfway through getting my own mechanism working whereby you select the direction, just curious what's been done before.

If anyone else has made a 'functional' compass I'd like to hear about it too.

My 'research' has led to a bit of confusion over the accepted size of the compass. Because of this I built two mock-ups, one from the Disney Experience papercraft model (3.5" square) and one from plywood (3" square).

For my mind the 3" seems to feel closer to the correct size, so I'm going to proceed with that for now. Although that makes it harder for me to fit in my mechanism. Any thoughts?

Size_Comp_small.jpg

Hello, thanks.

I have read through quite a few, and from that link I read more. Lots of broken links though.

My feeling is people tend to the 3" size.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Things were going pretty well on my build, however last week I found one of my assumptions about the electronics to be incorrect which entails a bit of a redesign.

Very frustrating but I think I have a work around. It just makes things more complicated.
da12d7998524e17387edbe7c9fe021c2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back