Disney's Moana - Kakamora build

uk trooper

Hey all - I'm looking to have a go at making one (or a few) of the Kakamora's (funny little coconut guys) from Disney's Moana.
As they are all different it looks like we can actually throw in a little bit of creative license, and have some fun with it.
Also as they are quite rough, it's something I can do with my daughter too.

However, I wondered if you guys had any tips on what/how to creat the arms and legs?
the Coconuts are armour, but you don't know what they look like inside, so I'm just going to worry about the visible parts.
but I do want them to protrude from INSIDE the shell.

So any suggestions?

I'm thinking using clay to sculpt and some sort of wireframe to connect them inside...

Anyway - here's a Kakamora:
IMG_4649.JPG

this is my kakamora currently in-construction

18361009_10211627938528139_469332650_n.jpg

i choose the one with the spike fich on his head
i used a coconut shell foam sheet and i'm planning on using sculpting clay or polymer clay for the arm and legs but i got no time for the moment ^^

Quick update - little family bonding craft time and we've made a little progress.
we have 4 to build now.
tops chopped off, scooped and face shape created.
IMG_4695.JPG

Then we've all had a go at sculpting some legs.
(my daughter wants hers sitting down, hence why hers look like they've fallen over)
When these are dry we'll have another go at them, filing etc..,
IMG_4697.JPG

Then just to try it out, we painted the base of the face on one...
IMG_4700.JPG

So far it's a great little family project.
I did have the idea of if they were any good, opening up a little Etsy shop and seeing if they sold, but this is more like a labour of love.
(that and it being more work than expected!)

it may may go downhill on the arms as I'm not good with hands...

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back