1:144 Bandai AT-AT diorama (WIP)

Lynn TXP 0369

Sr Member
OK, here is my attempt at building a 1:144 Bandai AT-AT diorama.
AT-AT #1 is built and I attempted the picking off the snowspeeder pose.
2n7SCmd.jpg

G6QW3h1.jpg

RbP9W5B.jpg

euAPam9.jpg

wgUrnvR.jpg

This is just preliminary posing, I try and pose it better once painted and ready for the diorama. It poses pretty good, but is about as good as it will get, but it can be tweeked a bit once I look at the real pics, this is just from memory.
Lynn

It's posing looks awkward. It's stride is definitely too big.
Sorry for the blurry pic, but this is the pose I was trying to replicate above, so it is a bit unnatural, but a prop photo pic.
ZLAKC3R.jpg

2n7SCmd.jpg

I was off a bit, but not a lot. Camera angle would have made it a little closer.
Lynn

Last edited:
Lookin great!
Love the weathering.

Im working on one of these right now.
Quick question-

Regarding the paint job and the leg joints-
As you know the leg joints have a disc with a bar that pressed tightly against the inner disc and rotates when the leg is moved.
A large portion of the inner disc is exposed.
When painting the joints does the paint buildup on this inner disc hinder the the rotation of the legs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lookin great!
Love the weathering.

Im working on one of these right now.
Quick question-

Regarding the paint job and the leg joints-
As you know the leg joints have a disc with a bar that pressed tightly against the inner disc and rotates when the leg is moved.
A large portion of the inner disc is exposed.
When painting the joints does the paint buildup on this inner disc hinder the the rotation of the legs?

Thanks!, Mine stuck briefly, but when moved and broke loose, it works as fine as before paint.
Lynn

Thanks.
So when you move it im assuming it scrapes the primer and paint off?

So no possibility of weathering in tha area?

The paint will be where the parts are, so if it moves, the paint won't be where the parts were and have moved if that makes sense. It will kind of self wear, again if that kind of makes sense.
Lynn

I got my three AT-ST- Snowspeeder 1:144 two packs. If there is any doubt about the scale of either of these two, I think these pics speak for them selves when compared with the AT-AT driver 1:144 figure. I think they are perfect in scale with each other IMHO.
DWX7IMV.jpg

vuX8Cpv.jpg

5KjxdIz.jpg

oV1Vr3F.jpg

uTXty70.jpg

tJegDcy.jpg

H5pe4TY.jpg

uGbn386.jpg

5V5G1OC.jpg

LZORELS.jpg

HQi5haA.jpg

KGensYh.jpg

Lynn

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks, i was just trying to avoid painting issues that would lock up the joints.

Understood, I got two light main color coats, weathering, and two light coats of semi gloss down with no true issues other then what I told you. No big deal to worry about.
Lynn

Last edited:
Modded the AT-ST's just a bit, I added the "tendon" on the back legs as they are lacking and I posed two walking for the diorama. One will be stock posed as that will be on the "vehicle" display self by themselves. I just did a simple rotate of the leg for the pose, I'm sure I could have got more creative by cutting it a part and what not, but I'm not doing it at this scale and this seems to work.
dFiitKy.jpg

pY5EKlk.jpg

jmdTFJ6.jpg

I2cuj8A.jpg

Again, these are quite photogenic to take pics of and can show a lot of attitude by the simple tilt of the head and what not.
Lynn

AT-AT #4 being done in Endor ROTJ style. I glued two bases together and these will be treated in Woodland scenes ground effects.
ypRlqKD.jpg

8P8fR1T.jpg

Thh32HV.jpg

CdwdbuR.jpg

CAe2g6q.jpg

NIyXKxw.jpg

I love these things!! They are incredible.
Lynn

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back