CAT and the Aliens Power Loader / Hot toys?

joeranger

Sr Member
Hey guys,
Anyone heard this? As the story goes, when Aliens introduced the Power Loader, the folks at Caterpillar decided to take pride in the design instead of feeling like they missed out on some co-marketing.
In the Cat design lab where they 3D print all of their designs, they have a powerloader in the conference room...just sitting on the table. I think it's a "Hot Toys" but everyone thinks it's just another 3D print. The room is filled with hundreds of much more detailed 1-50 models including the monster 100 ton mover. They are somewhat oblivious to the fact that it is a $1000 item on ebay. Compared to a $30 million piece of equipment, $1,000 is a rounding error.

Has anyone heard the relationship to CAT or backstory to the loader? It might be as simple as it being safety yellow and black. CAT colors.

EDIT: Should I cross post this in the general thread to get more input? Not everyone is a collectibles fan?

loader cat.jpg

Ahh, Lear60man, you are welcome for giving you the opportunity to post that you have one. :) What was the story. Were they a limited run? Are they rare? Did the value skyrocket? How many were made?

Ahh, Lear60man, you are welcome for giving you the opportunity to post that you have one. :) What was the story. Were they a limited run? Are they rare? Did the value skyrocket? How many were made?

Hmmmm I think they came out in 2010ish? I dont know how many were made. I paid something like $350 for it back in the day and there are a couple on Ebay right now from $599 to $650. Like all Hot Toys products...its awesome. Everything articulates and there is a little button hidden that turns on a spinning orange caution light on top and lights the face lights on Ripley just like in the movie.

BTW there is a Power Loader MIB in Indiana with a $650 BIN. Thats fairly close to your location.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back