DT voice module

squirk

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Given that the Death Trooper speech is gibberish, one could easily pull some the DT sound clips from the R1 blu-ray and use those files as your speech while in costume. But is anyone out there making (or has made) a voice module that converts your speech to said DT gibberish?

I was going to ask Hyperdyne Labs about making a custom effect for Vortex 3, but thought I'd check here first and avoid reinventing the wheel. Thanks!

Interesting question...

The way I got around it with TRamp (Facebook.com/trooperamp) is to use a small remote that can trigger either the in built sound loop (that will play as you walk around) or trigger some in build custom DT vocal responses (I created these in Audacity). A few Death troopers are using these now and apparently it's very successful.

Sent from my Wileyfox Storm using Tapatalk

Given that the Death Trooper speech is gibberish, one could easily pull some the DT sound clips from the R1 blu-ray and use those files as your speech while in costume. But is anyone out there making (or has made) a voice module that converts your speech to said DT gibberish?

I was going to ask Hyperdyne Labs about making a custom effect for Vortex 3, but thought I'd check here first and avoid reinventing the wheel. Thanks!
I downloaded RoboVOX to my Android phone. It has a "parrot" function that repeats what you say and - if you set it right - you can speak gibberish "on cue" :)

Interesting question...

The way I got around it with TRamp (Facebook.com/trooperamp) is to use a small remote that can trigger either the in built sound loop (that will play as you walk around) or trigger some in build custom DT vocal responses (I created these in Audacity). A few Death troopers are using these now and apparently it's very successful.

Sent from my Wileyfox Storm using Tapatalk

Interesting. Do you mind sharing what remote you use? I considered trying this and maybe hiding it on the blaster so I could trigger the sounds without taking my hands off and the public wouldn't notice. If I know the size of the remote I can plan whether I can fit it in the blaster somewhere!

If you could use some distortion circuit (or drive the gain up to the point where the sound clips), it wouldn't be hard to just speak a little gibberish into a helmet- mounted microphone. Maybe add some pitch shifting down a tone or 2. Honestly, the death troopers don't sound too different from a toddler jamming a playskool karaoke mic into their mouth and shouting random gibberish. Just do that with an adult voice and you're golden.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back