Affordable Spider-Man eye mesh!

maffhewdc

Sr Member
Hey all! In line with my Spider-Man: Homecoming suit build, I've been searching for a really good mesh to use for the lenses. I'm not a fan of using perforated vinyl sandwiched between two layers of clear plastic as that can get really really fogged up. So I've been looking for perforated plastic mesh and I stumbled upon these PC Fan Filters that you can get on Amazon for about $6 for a pack of ten. They're flexible enough to easily bend. They can be used on almost any kind of Spidey lenses actually, although I don't really know if they can be heat formed to get a dome effect. Sadly, I didn't notice that there were white versions of these so I had to paint them myself.

DSC_0927.JPG

DSC_0928.JPG

DSC_0930.JPG

IMG_20170427_184719.jpg

I can't give you an exact link because they might not ship to your area, but just type in "pc fan filters" on amazon and I'm sure you'll find a seller. :) They're pretty much all the same no matter who sells them including the size of the holes, only difference is the size of the actual sheets. They're either 120mm or 140mm.

I'm hoping to utilize this type of filter for the lenses I a suit I have. Planning on picking up a pack of pc fan filters in Amazon, popping out the "sunglass" lenses from my suit and cutting these to size to hopefully pop right in.

Thanks for the tip! I primarily want to minimize fogging for more comfort in wearing the mask. Can you see through these well?

I'm hoping to utilize this type of filter for the lenses I a suit I have. Planning on picking up a pack of pc fan filters in Amazon, popping out the "sunglass" lenses from my suit and cutting these to size to hopefully pop right in.

Thanks for the tip! I primarily want to minimize fogging for more comfort in wearing the mask. Can you see through these well?

This is what I use. It's only $5 shipped on ebay.

I have near perfect vision through this. I also use the black computer fan mesh in most of my helmets to block out my face.

IMG_20210126_114156.jpgIMG_20210126_114225.jpgIMG_20210126_114238.jpg

This is what I use. It's only $5 shipped on ebay.

I have near perfect vision through this. I also use the black computer fan mesh in most of my helmets to block out my face.

View attachment 1415931View attachment 1415932View attachment 1415933
Right on! I ordered that today. I'll be excited to see how well I can get it cut and snug into the slots on my spidey mask. It's just a lycra mask with glued on lenses with sunglass lenses in it, but the suit is pretty great.

That's a sweet shell you have there. My next step is to explore the options of doing a shell on a mask, as I have two extra masks to play around with material-wise. Would you prefer wearing the shell with your fogless lenses over the lycra tight on your face? I just know the fogging and visibility was a big issue for me in the mask. Having open holes should fix that right away. Now I'm thinking a shell would make it more comfortable long term.

A rabbit hole of building a sweet spidey suit!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back