SPACEBALLS Dark Helmet and Col. Sandurz

sctcarts

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Just wanted to share so photos of my Dark Helmet costume, and my friend's Col. Sandurz. We brought them out this past weekend at StarFest 2017 in Denver.

A run-down of parts:

The Dark Helmet was a kit from DarkMatter props, finished by me. The belt buckles are cast from a screen used piece. And the Dark Helmet chest "wings" and circles are vacformed from another maker - though I forget who at the moment (I acquired those pieces a few years ago). Everything else on both costumes, with the exception of the body suits, boots, and Col. Sandurz hat, was scratch patterned and built by the two of us out of pleather, faux viper leather, tooling leather, satin, and various other bits.

We hand made Col. Sundurz ribbons to try and match the originals as much as possible.

The black studs on Dark Helmet's arms and gloves were cast from metal pyramid pieces used for leather working, then run in Onyx and glued onto the gloves and suit with E600. The elbow tubes and boxer tubes are ethafoam backing rod sprayed with Plasti-dip.

Col. Sandurz blaster is a 3d printed Rogue One Jynn blaster that didn't turn out great (the original 3d model was rough), so we drilled holes the the barrel and painted the whole thing black.

It's been a fun (and long) project, and we're currently working with some friends on making the Spaceball crewmen so we can have a large group to go around with, along with another friend who is putting together President Skroob.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1493177967249.jpg
    FB_IMG_1493177967249.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 1,488
  • SB6.jpg
    SB6.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 3,456
  • SB5.jpg
    SB5.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 2,570
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back