Trouble with neon green

Heluba

So I'm building grave digger, my son's favorite monster truck, and I'm having trouble with neon green sticking to the model. I sprayed the frame a sublime green to help but it still tends to glob or comes back off if I make a second pass. Should I strip the sublime off and just primer or thin the paint? I've tried with airbrush acrylic and testor enamel now. Thanks for the help!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Hi Heluba. You need to give us some more details on the paint you are using. Are all the paints the same type (i.e. Acrylic, enamel, cellulose based)?
Sometimes putting one type on top of another will cause the reaction you are talking about. Pint types can be mixed, but sometimes you have to be careful of the order they are applied or whether they need a barrier coat between them.

Sorry! My first attempt was airbrushing an acrylic (createx airbrush colors - acrylic) and if I tried a second pass it would blow the paint right off. So I tried painting it on with a brush and same issue if I made a second pass it would come right off with the brush. I wiped it all off and got a rattle can of sublime green (model masters enamel) which stuck well but it's not the right green so I partially took that paint off and grabbed a small bottle of testors enamel fluorescent green and tried brushing that on but I'm hitting the same problem, if I make a second pass it comes off and if I make one pass it globs as it dries.

Sounds like you may have something on the surface that is preventing adhesion. Make sure you wash all the parts in warm water with some detergent, and let dry thoroughly. Then give everything a primer coat. After that regular acrylics should stick no problem....

So I cleaned everything up and primered it. Still not applying right lol. I swear this fluorescent green has it in for me.
9000fbc75d12abda80b7422e73f3d91a.jpg
42848c7d7db7d8cb5994b430fc7075c5.jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back