Batman Rebirth Belt

I'm looking into building Batman's Rebirth look for my next Batsuit project. Besides the purple cape lining, it's probably my favorite comic Batsuit ever. I plan on using a DOJ-esque base and possibly a Justice League movie cowl.

My specific thread question here involves making the belt. Attached are 2 references pics. I'm looking for advice as to how you'd approach making a belt like this. my favorite thing about this belt is the dramatic lines it has, or the "fang" shape as it's described in the reference sketch. I've got some experience with EVA foam, so I'm thinking foam blocks cut for the pouches. Any ideas or advice?

. 0766eb9c64038268cfc478ed593c85b7.jpg50ed9312b4edaa3834cea004f129b4d7.jpg

Last edited:
There isn't one single approach, but personally, I would have it laser cut in MDF or PVS, one big base layer of the belt laid flat, and a second (and third if necessary) on top to build up the sections/pockets.
Then glue all of that together, seal, make a silicone mold, and the finally a cast in urethane or flexible foam. And embed a good old nylon strap at the back while it's curing, so you can secure it with a regular plastic clasp buckle at the back, and have it be adjustable.

There isn't one single approach, but personally, I would have it laser cut in MDF or PVS, one big base layer of the belt laid flat, and a second (and third if necessary) on top to build up the sections/pockets.
Then glue all of that together, seal, make a silicone mold, and the finally a cast in urethane or flexible foam. And embed a good old nylon strap at the back while it's curing, so you can secure it with a regular plastic clasp buckle at the back, and have it be adjustable.

I was just thinking that this morning. if I made this all in foam, this design looks like it might get more stress from bending, so a hard base is a definite for this. Appreciate the advice, I'll look into those options.

personally i'd look at making a flat pattern in wood, moulding then casting it in urethane. would give the shape and have plenty of flex. are you looking at making the pouches usable or not?

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back