Star Wars Fan Film Storyline

TK10259

Hello,

I am currently trying to write a script for a Star Wars Fan Film and was wondering of any of you guys had some good suggestions on a general plot.

Thanks!

I had an idea to do a hypothetical green squadron of x-wings that arrives at yavin a day late to reinforce and help with the attack on the death star. when they get there they have no idea if yavin will be a pile of debries or what they get there and find out they blew it up. They are preparing to evacuate to hoth given that the empire is coming to them and as there are barely any red or gold squadron ships left they send a handful of green squadron xwings up to investigate the death star debries. They encounter the empires counter attack as well as some opportunistic smugglers who want to fish through the debries and a small dogfight ensures within the remains of the first Death Star.

Some son of a son of a Jedi decides to break into Vader's castle and steal his grandfather's lightsaber from the museum collection of sabers Vader has from all the Jedi he's killed.

At least this is the idea I have to justify my 30+ custom lightsabers...

Similar to R1, why not tell the atory of the many Bothan spies who died getting the rebellion information about the DS2 and Emperor? :)

Hello Everyone,

Thanks for all the cool ideas, its so hard to pick. I have to go too class soon, so when I get back I will start working on a script as I have a basic idea. I kinda wanna do a story of a planet under imperial occupation, luckily for me i have a Tie Pilot and Stormtrooper costumes at my disposal. Although for just about everything else I'll probably need to setup a gofundme page or something. I'll get back to all of you hopefully when I get home, Keep the ideas rollin in. Thanks,

- Tk10259

Some son of a son of a Jedi decides to break into Vader's castle and steal his grandfather's lightsaber from the museum collection of sabers Vader has from all the Jedi he's killed.

At least this is the idea I have to justify my 30+ custom lightsabers...

That's a really cool idea I think.

With no Jedi left, a young inventor comes up with a kit to convert old lightsabers into hot dog cookers and accidentally brings peace to the galaxy.

-Rog

A band of space scavengers are plundering the floating wreckage of the first Death Star following the battle of Yavin and find a large chunk which contains a Stormtrooper battle-injury trauma centre. There are many Bacta tanks inside and one of them contains a survivor in stasis. He is rescued and despite some very severe injuries begins to recover. He says his name is Snoke...

Last edited by a moderator:
Just remember: It's very VERY easy to get excited about your own story (I'm making Star Wars!!!11), but be sure it's something that's going to excite others. ;)

-Rog

All I know is, I don't ever need to see another fan film that's set in the prequel era starring Jedi or three (usually a guy with long hair or a skinny hot girl) with their buddies from kung-fu class swinging TCSS sabers around with a plot that is basically Jedi in hiding (or secretly trained new Jedi) facing off against a Sith (usually some ass with Juggalo/Maul make-up or a poorly modded Boba Fett helmet) that's hunting them down for the empire, accompanied by some terrible CGI.

All I know is, I don't ever need to see another fan film that's set in the prequel era starring Jedi or three (usually a guy with long hair or a skinny hot girl) with their buddies from kung-fu class swinging TCSS sabers around with a plot that is basically Jedi in hiding (or secretly trained new Jedi) facing off against a Sith (usually some ass with Juggalo/Maul make-up or a poorly modded Boba Fett helmet) that's hunting them down for the empire, accompanied by some terrible CGI.

Chortle :). Funny, I was just making this exact same comment to one of my friends three days ago! I've got my own trailer in the works for the story I want to tell and your example came up as my example of exactly what I do not want to do...

Dan

And set in the woods.

I swear after Episode 1 came out every other fan film was shot in someone's backyard.

Hello,

I agree with you guys, I want to lean away from the backyardagen Star Wars fan film crowd and produce something that is enjoyable. So far I have some Insurgents similar to Saw Gerreras are planning an attack on Empire Day on some planet. Empire Day starts off with an Imperial Parade, followed by a speech. During the speech that is when the Insurgents will strike. If any of you guys have any idea of how I can create a street scene on a budget (In my basement) with like building fronts and stuff please voice your ideas. In the end the Insurgents will probably be captured and made an example of. For the parade I will use miniatures and stop motion in the same way they did in the Battle of Hoth.

Edit:

Also, If worst comes to worst I have a green screen and lighting...

Last edited:
Also, If worst comes to worst I have a green screen and lighting...

And don't forget, if you have the capabilities, digital. My avatar image here is one of my digital environments:

t2s4.jpg

And here's a sampler of some concept tests for some Star Destroyer action:

http://www.boulder.swri.edu/~durda/modo/StarDestroyer_sampler2.mov

And don't forget, if you have the capabilities, digital. My avatar image here is one of my digital environments:

View attachment 725090

And here's a sampler of some concept tests for some Star Destroyer action:

http://www.boulder.swri.edu/~durda/modo/StarDestroyer_sampler2.mov

Well, I don't know what happened to the rest of my post. I was about to say that, even though I've been focusing on CGI the last few years, I found my way to this forum after Rogue One for the very reason that I do love the look of practical sets and props. So my own trailer, and perhaps eventual short film, will certainly be a healthy mix of both...

Dan

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back