War of The Worlds Jeff Wayne Version

My favourite album ever, I'm so glad I got to see it live at London O2 Arena, tripod included! Looking forward to seeing the finished model :)

That is the only album I own in LP, cassette and CD and still regularly stream it on Google play.
Can't wait to see the rest of the build

Sent from my brain via the Tapatalk Ferrets

Great work, looking forward to seeing this when finished. Nice size too! ...and a great album, have the vinyl version at home.
Saw a great diorama a few years back with two tripods attacking the ship, like on the album cover. I think it was on Starship Modeler.

When I see a model being made from aluminum, and I hear the word "anvil" mentioned as a model building tool, you get my full attention. (Yup, got the album, loved it for years, etc.)

This is going to be quite the epic build. I'm too used to the new 3D modeling and printing scheme of thinking these days, being a fan of 3D modeling. This is a true craftsman build. Out of aluminum. I will watch with anticipation. Good stuff, Jamie!

Fantastic work on the build...always loved this version of the tripod. The next best one was the version from the British series the Tripods.
Yes I have the album also...the original with Richard Burton voice over . They were still running the stage show Of Jeff Waynes version in England up till a fe years ago. I was bummed it never made it to the US...maybe one day.
You can follow it here .
http://www.thewaroftheworlds.com/default.aspx

What a great idea, turn the top of a potato peeler into a tripod.
What's next, a washing machine into a Dalek!

Superb concept, very interesting build and yes, I too have the album and still love the performances by Richard Burton, Phil Lynott, Julie Covington and David Essex, to name just a few.
Even though it was set in Victorian times, the album just seems timeless.

I will be following this build for sure, keep up the good work!

:lol... I just have a weird brain I guess, always seeing potential parts in other things :facepalm

What a great idea, turn the top of a potato peeler into a tripod.
What's next, a washing machine into a Dalek!

Superb concept, very interesting build and yes, I too have the album and still love the performances by Richard Burton, Phil Lynott, Julie Covington and David Essex, to name just a few.
Even though it was set in Victorian times, the album just seems timeless.

I will be following this build for sure, keep up the good work!

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back