Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (Post-release)

Just saw it again in the theater... gotta say the re-watch factor isn't nearly as high as the first movie. I dozed off a couple times.

Saw it first in regular mode. Just saw it again on Saturday in IMAX 3D and that was even more awesome. The 3D scenes are not gimmicky at all and provide great depth of field on the planet surfaces. Once again my 11 year old son and 8 year old daughter did not squirm at all. Both of them enjoyed it especially Baby Groot.

First time I went, every time Baby Groot would say "I am Groot" some guy kept saying "Yes, you are.". Over and over again.

Second time was a early showing in a relatively empty out of the way theater. It was great, I even got a little misty when Yondu died.

First time I went, every time Baby Groot would say "I am Groot" some guy kept saying "Yes, you are.". Over and over again.

Second time was a early showing in a relatively empty out of the way theater. It was great, I even got a little misty when Yondu died.
I didnt get misty when Yondu died per se, I got misty when Kraglin got all hyped up and excited that the other ravagers came and was like "YES!". That part got me for sure.

We just re-watched the first one the other day, and I gotta say, I like the second one better. I feel like the Star Wars / Empire comparison is very apt in this case.

GOTG was fun, exciting, different and vibrant. It really opened up this world (or corner of the MCU) to us viewers, gave us something new and it was amazing!

GOTGv2 effectively built upon that world, taking us to new places and bigger effects. But more importantly, it was a more emotional story, where we really got into the heads of our characters. They became rich, 3 dimensional people, rather than a checklist group of heroes.

Is everything in 2 better? No. I prefer the soundtrack to Vol1, and I also agree that some of the humor was a bit over the top. The space battles in Vol 1 seemed to have much higher stakes.

What shocked me on re-watching the original was how simple the characters were by comparison. Rocket, in particular, was very much: "Hey look, a raccoon with a gun! Who's quippy! You've never seen that before!" Whereas in Vol 2, his raccoon-ness wasn't even an issue. He was just a good character, with some great interplay with Yondu.

... well, ok. Scampering across the Ravagers' heads & in the trees wouldn't have been nearly as awesome if he weren't a raccoon.

Went to see it again today with my 4 year old son and he loved it! First time he has sat through a movie in a theater and didn't want to leave or fall asleep. I definitely think I like this one more then Vol. 1, it just hits so many great funny and emotional notes. And the soundtrack is even better.

Yeah I think I liked 2 better because they started as a team and already had the chemistry going. I also though Gamora was treated much better than in the 1st one.

I finally saw it today. I enjoyed the first one quite a lot, though I must admit that as much as I enjoy the Marvel movies, they often don't have a very good track record for repeat viewings for me personally. I had fun with this one, though I felt a lot of the humor in the beginning of the movie was really forced. As it went along it got better and there were some genuinely laugh out loud moments. The scene of Rocket and Yondu making multiple jumps and had me cracking up.

I appreciate that this particular franchise doesn't take itself too seriously, though some of the more sentimental moments weren't as strong as they were on the first film. Groot stole the show for me. He was so adorable that I just kept waiting for his little moments to shine. Best part of the movie for me hands down. I think the first film more deftly handled the balance between humor and emotion than this one did, but I think by the end this second installment hit it's stride.

I would definitely watch it again for Groot! I don't know if I would care as much about the other characters, but I just love that little guy.

Here are Nathan Fillions/Simon Williams prop movie posters from GOTG Vol 2

james-gunn-unveils-all-of-nathan-fillions-simon-williams-movie-posters-from-guardians-vol-221.jpgjames-gunn-unveils-all-of-nathan-fillions-simon-williams-movie-posters-from-guardians-vol-211.jpgjames-gunn-unveils-all-of-nathan-fillions-simon-williams-movie-posters-from-guardians-vol-255.jpgjames-gunn-unveils-all-of-nathan-fillions-simon-williams-movie-posters-from-guardians-vol-264.jpgjames-gunn-unveils-all-of-nathan-fillions-simon-williams-movie-posters-from-guardians-vol-278.jpgjames-gunn-unveils-all-of-nathan-fillions-simon-williams-movie-posters-from-guardians-vol-2888.jpg

Long ago I predicted there would be a gag where someone catches Yondu's arrow and snaps it in two. Then Yondu opens his coat as nine more arrows fly out.
I'm glad that didn't happen because it's just a version of that old trope where, in the first movie, you introduce someone with OP abilities who will encounter a foil to that in the sequel.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back