Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (Post-release)

Young Kurt isn't CGI. He has his own make up guy that does all his films, he knew his face that well that he could de age him with just makeup and a wig.

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2: Complete Marvel Universe Easter Eggs and References Guide[/h]http://www.denofgeek.com/us/movies/guardians-of-the-galaxy/264348/guardians-of-the-galaxy-vol-2-complete-marvel-universe-easter-eggs-and-references-guide

The de-aged Kurt Russell was good enough that, for the first couple of minutes, I couldn't figure out if they used a lookalike.

Saw it last night, loved it. In some ways, more than the first, others, not so.

I didn't mind the Sovereign too much, thought they were pretty funny, but their gimmick got a little tired by the end.

Biggest downside, is that we had to be back home and missed the last couple end credits scenes...

Films can hit you with the feels in a number of ways. Many times films manufacture their emotional resonance contrived from a confluence of the narrative, music etc.
This isn't the case here. The feels here aren't manufactured; they're genuine.
I know this because today, the morning after seeing it, and thinking about Yondu's long arc I'm crying all over again.

Last edited:
I freaking loved it!

Baby Groot, Yondu, and Rocket stole the show.

God speed Yondu. That hit me right in the feels like a freight train at the end where he tells Quill "He may have been your father, but he wasn't you daddy". I actually teared up. You can tell Yondu was in pain this movie. Also when the Ravagers showed up for his funeral. Another pretty emotional moment. I really liked him.

Drax was funny as hell this movie. Loved it

AND TEENAGE GROOT!!!! WHAT?!?!?! HAHAHAHAHA. Acting like a typical teenager.

LOVED THIS MOVIE!!

I can't believe I didn't see it coming. I was so absorbed in the mystery of Peter's dad I didn't foresee the most logical explanation for everything that happened to Quill in the first movie. I honestly assumed there would be some degree of contrivance to explain things (e.g. Why his dad wasn't around, why Yondu didn't deliver him, why Yondu said his dad was a "*******" (which seemed like a throwaway line)... etc.). But everything makes perfect sense and makes me want to watch the first film again. (... and again).

When Yondu had the full fin I was looking forward to having him in the crew. His death was unexpected ... I wanted to believe, right up to the "cremation", that he would live. But the death and funeral couldn't have been more perfect.

I'm impressed how good Stallone was. I was really afraid that he might play the part too big. But I'm impressed how much he was able to tone down the swagger just enough to maintain gravitas in character without hijacking the shot. The man has amazing camera instinct.

The film isnt isn't as perfectly constructed as the first which had a near-flawless rhythm but it took us places we didn't expect.

Part of me felt that what was lacking was more development in relationships we already knew. I expected to see poignant glimpses of adult Groot in the baby or to see him evolve but he was a static character. That's not necessarily bad but kinda makes sense that baby Groot is simply ... a baby throughout the movie. Instead we got relationship development in areas we hadn't expected which then became the core of the film.

GotG 2 could have simply given us more of the same. But what we got changes the characters and enriches the background and journey. It becomes a fertile bed for sequels to come.

I loved this movie. The first Guardians is one of my favorite films of all time, and Vol. 2 was a really good follow-up to such a perfect film. I really appreciated that we got more development for every character, because they all mean so much to me. It just had so much heart, and that's what I loved so much about the first one.

I accidentally found out about Yondu's death before I saw it, but that surprisingly didn't detract from the experience at all. I somehow convinced myself during the whole movie that he was going to make it out somehow, even up until the very end...but then he didn't and I got really emotional. Yondu was one of my favorites and to watch those final moments between him and Peter was heartbreaking. Yondu Udonta, you will be greatly missed my friend. :cry

I really enjoyed the whole Ego storyline as well. Kurt Russell killed it in that role. I cracked up at the scene where he plays catch with Peter...it was so cheesy and overly perfect.

Also, the visuals and the music were amazing! I saw it in IMAX 3D (we got free posters too, which was a nice surprise) on Thursday night and I couldn't believe how much color each shot had, and how beautiful everything was! I loved so much about this movie! Can't wait to see it again next week.

Also, it's just a little thing but I was so sad to see Peter's mask destroyed at the end...that thing is my absolute favorite. I hope he gets a new one in Infinity War...

We got home from seeing this a little while ago. Not much to add that hasn't been said, but I absolutely loved it. If you'd told me before seeing this movie that I would sob over Yondu buying it, I'd have told you you'd lost your mind.

I even heard a few sniffles from my husband who never gets choked up at movies the way I do.

The wife and I just got home from this. We both enjoyed it very much, and she wants a baby groot. Not the teenage groot, we've already had one of those.
Kurt Russell in anything is always a good thing, and young Kurt looked awesome.
The use of Father and Son (a song I love and played for my daughter when she was a teenage groot and driving me nuts) made my wife reach for her tissues.
People are now really used to marvel movies, no one in the theater got up when the credits started.

I know RLM have a thread of their own.....but here's their review

....it's funny they love it & have the exact same tiny negative point that I posted back on page one of this thread.....It wasn't a big thing for me & it's not a major pain for them

J

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw it again last night with the wife. She absolutely loved it. I liked it even more the 2nd time. Yondus death hit me even harder the 2nd time.

Is it weird that I find Gamora EXTREMELY hot? Like, I'd marry that girl haha. Is that wierd?

I really appreciated how the expanded everyone's character. Especially Michael rooker and Karen gillan

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

The one weird thing about the movie was the CGI on the characters. Especially quill. He was awkwardly morphed through a lot of it. His hands were HUGE. And his height changed a lot.

There was one over the shoulder shot from behind his dad. He was looking at quill. And even though Quill was farther away, his head was MASSIVE

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back