Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (Post-release)

There were Marvel moments of awe, there were silly moments I cringed, there were emotional moments, predictable, surprises, humorous....... Guardians!

Now we have been teased twice for Adam Warlock and I'm waiting waiting waiting for Cosmo!

Hell I want a stand alone Rocket film. He certainly can carry a story on his own in the comics even without Groot.

Overall, great movie. Tons to love, and while not quite as magical as the first, a totally worthy successor to VOL1. Great action, humor, and a fun adventurous movie. Hoff.

Criticism......
I found Ego's "other life is disappointing" motivation to be sort of weak.

Pac-Man was funny, but maybe a bit much.

Drax was a little harsh at points.

Pacing was too quick at a few parts. I think the movie could have used another 5 or so minutes to slow those parts down.

Just wanted to add how impressed I was with the beginning scene. I did see the film in 3D IMAX, but I have to say it just looked spectacular. I love Ego's car, and they did a fantastic job with young Kurt Russell.

Agreed, the young Kurt Russell was the best I've ever seen of this type of CGI.

Overall, an excellent followup. I place it just under the original. They kept it all in the same vein of humor, action and emotion. The humor did get a bit too cartoony at some points, for example, Rocket making the Ravegers bounce up and down in the woods over and over with his land mines, and the multiple space jumps. That just got weird. But I really like how it all played out. I too wish it was about 20 minutes longer to give some of the scenes room to breath. Also, surprisingly a ton of killing going on in this flick! I'm ok with that, as long as you give it the gravity it deserves, but it played out like a video game in some parts, especially with Yondu and his arrow.

Still, I give Vol. 2 an A and Vol. 1 an A+. :thumbsup

Overall, I thought the movie was fantastic. The character development was more than I've come to expect, but it did get a little corny in spots. Obviously, I'm hugely disappointed with the destruction of Quill's Walkman and the sad, bland Zune replacement. Looks like there'll be no Vol. 3 cassette...

I don't think Stallone really brought much to the table, didn't hurt it either but he's so big a star you just see Stallone there, and honestly how would Peter not recognize "Rambo" or "Rocky" later if they run into each other given his obsession with all things pop culture of that era. They would almost HAVE to have him say something, hey you look just like.....

I don't think Stallone really brought much to the table, didn't hurt it either but he's so big a star you just see Stallone there, and honestly how would Peter not recognize "Rambo" or "Rocky" later if they run into each other given his obsession with all things pop culture of that era. They would almost HAVE to have him say something, hey you look just like.....

I'm older than Peter and he was taken in the late 80's. I didn't see Rocky until the later 80's when i was 16-17 or so. Same with Rambo. Seeing as he was like 12, good chance he never saw either.

I loved it! At worst it was as good as the first, IMO. Can't wait to see it again.

Is there another comic that's in the same zone as Guardians? The Sly quip about 'maybe we should put the team back together' made wonder if they were thinking spinoff..

Weren't there trailer scenes showing nebula with a skin colored chin? Never made the movie..

Last edited:
Is there another comic that's in the same zone as Guardians? The Sly quip about 'maybe we should put the team back together' made wonder if they were thinking spinoff..

The characters played by Stallone, Ving Rames, and Michelle Yeoh are characters who have also been Guardians. There have been a few iterations of the team. When I was reading comics in the early 90s, the Guardians of the Galaxy looked nothing like the team featured in these films.

Ben Browder

Best Cameo EVER! My Mom looks at me weird and was wondering "Who is he?" Sad that all I could say was "You wouldn't know him."

Oh, anyone else have their theater giving out 12x18 alternate posters?

No poster, but we did get these which I thought were pretty cool. I cut one of them out.

20170505_211847.jpg

Well worth watching. Got some cards and pins. Was one short of making the mini poster with the cards :(

I'm older than Peter and he was taken in the late 80's. I didn't see Rocky until the later 80's when i was 16-17 or so. Same with Rambo. Seeing as he was like 12, good chance he never saw either.

I loved it! At worst it was as good as the first, IMO. Can't wait to see it again.

Weren't there trailer scenes showing nebula with a skin colored chin? Never made the movie..

http://marvelcinematicuniverse.wikia.com/wiki/Stakar_Ogord's_Team

Stakar Ogord's Team was a team that used to operate containing a few Ravagers captains like Stakar Ogord, Aleta Ogord, Charlie-27, Mainframe and Krugarr. The team resembled similarities to the Guardians of the Galaxy as they had a family like relationship. The team disbanded for a while until they got together again after the death of the former teammate Yondu Udonta and decided to steal stuff again

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back