DBD Trapper Machete

judgmentGOW

Hello All

I tried to make make a prop from Dead by Daylight and since i dont have fancy tools like a 3D printer and a bunch of woodworking shop tools i tried my best to make what i could.
this is what i'm trying to make, i already have the shape of the machete ready to go, i kind of know how i want to do the detail work..
For example
-The teeth i wont do but if i were to do it i'd just cut out smaller foam sized teeth
The rod that goes along the side of the machete would be just some thin rectangle eva foam strip i cut out.

The things i dont know how to do for this prop is..
-So most blades are sharp and i dont know how to create that sharp look along the bottom of the machete..
Should i use my dremel to create a sharp looking edge at the bottom? or cut it with a cutting blade?

I dont have a belt sander which would honestly give me that sharp edge i want

-The top 3 prongs that jut out from the top of the machete i have NO CLUE how to to do.. other than cutting some more foam out that have a finger-like shape.
Also how do i paint this..with acrylic paint? Also i should cover it with a primer right? since its eva foam
- what can i do about the seems along the sides where my foam pieces show?

most of my projects have never made it past this stage so i thought i should ask the pros for some tips on how to proceed from here

Machete ref.jpg

20170424_150429-1-1.jpg
20170424_150508.jpg
Thanks for all the help in advance

You could cut the edge with a scalpel in a diagonal angle to make it seem it has been razor sharp.
for the paint i normally use one coat of black acrylic paint and depending on the coloring of the blade i add a small coat of silver metalic paint on the edge and less paint on the ret of the blade to make it eem like it is also resistent. And the prongs you could do with another sheet of eva foam (maybe a thinner one will do) to cut and then try to assemble around it. Hope this is of any help!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back