3d printed 1:1 Johnny 5 and Chappie heads

andynccb

Hi all,

This is my first post been a member a while but with family commitments I have hardly done any modelling or any cad work. After completing a full RC R2 complete with EZ robot hardware and now on with WALL-E and having purchased a 3d printer which I do say helps loads prototyping, I thought it was time to get back at it. At this moment I suppose I am after any feed back, criticism pointers as I would like to offer these files or full kits if there is enough interest. The files are not fully complete yet and are probably not 100% accurate but are close.

The chappie head would allow for all the servos that move the brow and ears etc, the Johnny 5 head is more complicated with a 3d printed Iris I have prototyped this already for proof of concept and it works great servo controlled also with integrated servos for the nose and eye lids I will post a pic and a vid when I get chance.

obviously both of these are 3d printable and I can break them up for smaller printers if required anyway less of me rabbiting on.

many thanks

Andy B

Leeds UK

Attachments

• IMG_0484.JPG
    IMG_0484.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 382
  • chappie1.jpg
    chappie1.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 358
  • Johnny5.jpg
    Johnny5.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 617
This is awesome! I started modeling Johnny's tread section in Inventor, but my computer needs a clean install of windows before I can continue. Hopefully I can wrap that up this weekend. What did you use to model this?

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back