Xeno Skull

cavx

Master Member
I have wanted a xeno skull ever since seeing one in PREDATOR 2.
Over the past weekend was the Gold Coast SupaNova. One of the stands (Pop Culture) had this Xeno skull for sale. I didn't get a price on this, but I can bet it was high 3 or even 4 figures.
Anyway I figured with my newly discovered love of MDF, I am going to have to make my own.
Question to the Xenologists among you - shouldn't there be a human skull or is this an ALIENS warrior version?

It was already higher than I am tall, so I couldn't get a top shot.
e3c37a361abe0b04da9878cb50101b8b.jpg
33eab4f7f96328d30b0bacc193ac1bf2.jpg
a632d174fb0b7b6ec674731f5c19f1a1.jpg
1f01a5cc3313b8aa654dbf143e22cf12.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Can't help with your technical question, but it looks like there is a price tag in the second photo - $499?

Well spotted.

Here are some other details I found from zooming in.

So to answer my own question, this is from ALIENS.

$499 for Foam? Really? MDF will be so much (heavier) better I think.
366ffe0209ecc1ec42e7a0ca1885780c.jpg
b6c4c593f46438bc7af18fe275e175e6.jpg
7f1c0ec0c4834a0fcfbe3a547c68fb27.jpg

Yeah, that's an ALIENS version skull....but man those teeth look all kinds of wrong.

And seriously, I wouldn't buy that for $200, let alone almost 500. I assume it's latex, that along with the foam means that in about 10 years that thing is going to start breaking down. If I'm going to spend $500 on something, it better stick around.

So Thailand recaster will probably get ahold of this and start offering copies in resin or fiberglass.

A few years ago, someone here was making a version of this skull and it was looking pretty accurate. They were talking about offering copies for sale but I don't think it got that far. :(

I have wanted a xeno skull ever since seeing one in PREDATOR 2.
Over the past weekend was the Gold Coast SupaNova. One of the stands (Pop Culture) had this Xeno skull for sale. I didn't get a price on this, but I can bet it was high 3 or even 4 figures.
Anyway I figured with my newly discovered love of MDF, I am going to have to make my own.
Question to the Xenologists among you - shouldn't there be a human skull or is this an ALIENS warrior version?

It was already higher than I am tall, so I couldn't get a top shot. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170424/e3c37a361abe0b04da9878cb50101b8b.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170424/33eab4f7f96328d30b0bacc193ac1bf2.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170424/a632d174fb0b7b6ec674731f5c19f1a1.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170424/1f01a5cc3313b8aa654dbf143e22cf12.jpg

The human skull is part of the Big Chaps skull from Alien

alienheadfromgigersdiaries.png

Yeah, that's an ALIENS version skull....but man those teeth look all kinds of wrong.

And seriously, I wouldn't buy that for $200, let alone almost 500. I assume it's latex, that along with the foam means that in about 10 years that thing is going to start breaking down. If I'm going to spend $500 on something, it better stick around.

So Thailand recaster will probably get ahold of this and start offering copies in resin or fiberglass.

A few years ago, someone here was making a version of this skull and it was looking pretty accurate. They were talking about offering copies for sale but I don't think it got that far. :(

I agree with everything you have said. Notice the silver has been painted up higher then the teeth on one side. I am crap painter, but I can do better than that.

I didn't get to touch it, so no idea if it is semi soft (like the Disney SW7 Hippobore) or hard like an expanding foam. But you are right, in 10 years time, these will be cracked and probably falling apart. My MDF version will last much longer, especially if I seal it in Epoxy resin.

Yes, you just know these will show up on evil-Bay after re-casters get them.

Were they Xeno skulls or actual heads? I remember there was going to be a run of heads without the domes for about $300USD, but the guy didn't produce them.

Still too much for foam. But yeah, just goes to show how the mark up works. These guys probably paid that $269.99 for it and went, yeah, lets just add 40%. After dollar conversion, $270USD comes to about $360AUD + 40% = $504 rounded down to $499AUD.

Still too much for foam. But yeah, just goes to show how the mark up works. These guys probably paid that $269.99 for it and went, yeah, lets just add 40%. After dollar conversion, $270USD comes to about $360AUD + 40% = $504 rounded down to $499AUD.

I wonder if people are actually buying these "high end" NECA products? They have a $500 Xeno egg, full sized Slimer and ninja turtle.

Lol 4 figures. Thing isn't even near that price and as the gentlemen said above there's a price tag stating it's $499.99 in plain site.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Lol 4 figures. Thing isn't even near that price and as the gentlemen said above there's a price tag stating it's $499.99 in plain site.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

So my question is, why write a ****ty tag in pen when every other tag on that stand is printed and stands out?

Yeah, not impressed

With which part? This thread, the fact I will make my own, or that the price is almost double the listed price on the internet?

I think it's a great idea for a project. I've actually been wanting to do one myself for quite some time.. don't have the space, nor the skills, I fear.

There is so much subtlety and skill that goes in to replicating bone structures correctly. If you do it wrong, you'd end up with something like the NECA piece. Garbage. The skull from Predator 2 that you mentioned would be a much better piece to reference.

Attachments

• IMG_3872.PNG
    IMG_3872.PNG
    224.2 KB · Views: 80
I think it's a great idea for a project. I've actually been wanting to do one myself for quite some time.. don't have the space, nor the skills, I fear.

There is so much subtlety and skill that goes in to replicating bone structures correctly. If you do it wrong, you'd end up with something like the NECA piece. Garbage. The skull from Predator 2 that you mentioned would be a much better piece to reference.

Everyone has to start somewhere. I'd never really done stone before either. Two attempts later and I have set of FIFTH ELEMENT stones that I am quite proud of.

I've done a few claws and teeth so this might just turn out OK.

Yes that Skull is way cool. Even though the tag says ALIENS, isn't the NECA supposed to be that though? There are no Xeno skulls seen in ALIENS.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back