Spike (buffy the vampire slayer) Completed make-up now finished

MignolaFan

A friend reached out asking for help with a cosplay, and I took the opportunity to work on my make-up skills, and make something cool. I took a mold of his face with alginate and plaster bandage. Then made a casting with ultra cal. I sculpted the prosthetic out of oil clay, then molded that with more ultracal. The prosthetic itself is dragon skin 10, encapsulated in water-melon bald cap liquid that was brushed into the mold. This was a test run, and I'm pleased with it for the most part, save for the edges that are too thick, as I failed to clamp the mold tight enough.

IMG_20170309_092939.jpg

IMG_20170320_175012.jpg

IMG_20170320_180136.jpg

IMG_20170320_182103.jpg

IMG_20170321_115925.jpg

IMG_20170321_115943.jpg

IMG_20170328_153546.jpg

IMG_20170420_144651.jpg

IMG_20170423_120903.jpg

IMG_20170423_120925.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Spike! Helping a friend out with his Buffy inspired cosplay

Nice work! I did a Spike one year, wish I'd had the time to devote to making a vampface appliance. Does he have a good set of fangs to go with?

I hope so! He just finished bleaching his hair, and he bought some contacts, as well as putting together the costume. It's all been very last minute.

I hope so! He just finished bleaching his hair, and he bought some contacts, as well as putting together the costume. its all been very last minute.

Righteous. I had to put mine together fairly last-minute, too, since I stumbled across the perfect coat right before a con and couldn't let it go to waste. But I realized the things I couldn't do last minute were good teeth and prosthetics, haha, so I had to do the more "human" look. Still tons of fun! The people that recognize you go nuts.

Attachments

• lV1Oz0jh.jpg
    lV1Oz0jh.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 539

Righteous. I had to put mine together fairly last-minute, too, since I stumbled across the perfect coat right before a con and couldn't let it go to waste. But I realized the things I couldn't do last minute were good teeth and prosthetics, haha, so I had to do the more "human" look. Still tons of fun! The people that recognize you go nuts.

That looks awesome man!

Very nice!! Application is very nice, even with the thick edges.

A few suggestion if you don't mind! When you apply, try adding a little olive spatter to your paint job. A lot of folks miss it, but green is very important in replicating flesh tone.
If your mold has the structural integrity, stand on it! I used to do it all the time, perfect edges. ;)

Very nice!! Application is very nice, even with the thick edges.

A few suggestion if you don't mind! When you apply, try adding a little olive spatter to your paint job. A lot of folks miss it, but green is very important in replicating flesh tone.
If your mold has the structural integrity, stand on it! I used to do it all the time, perfect edges. ;)

Ah the wonders of olive adjuster! You're totally right, I should have had a little more green in there.

Here is the final make-up. I fixed the terrible edges and I am much happier with the colour.
IMG_9615.jpgIMG_9622.jpgIMG_9629.jpgIMG_9642.jpgIMG_9645.jpgIMG_9670.jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back