Is this a real graflex ESB replica?

otakukenn

So I found what looks to be a ESB graflex replica lightsaber this weekend. I curious to see what the experts say. It seems to have all the details that working graflex flash handle would have. The buttons push and have electronics under them. The red button is somewhat flat. The other button is clear and has a spring and small lightbulb underneath. It comes apart and has a battery compartment and looks used inside. It has what looks like the correct graphlex language on the bottom. What I'm unsure about is that from the photos I found ofgrapflex flash handles the bottom language looks slightyly different the three center lines of language look like they are all there but they line up slightly differently with the outer ring launguage than in the photos I found. They are a rotated counter clockwise by a couple letters. What do you think is it a real graflex handle or a replica of a handle. Either way I'm happy with the purchase, it looks great and feels great when you handle it. But it would be fantastic if it was a real graflex.

Attachments

• IMG_1198.JPG
    IMG_1198.JPG
    883 KB · Views: 235
  • IMG_1207.JPG
    IMG_1207.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 176
  • IMG_1206.JPG
    IMG_1206.JPG
    969.2 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_1205.JPG
    IMG_1205.JPG
    1,019.1 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_1204.JPG
    IMG_1204.JPG
    999.2 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_1203.JPG
    IMG_1203.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 154
  • IMG_1202.JPG
    IMG_1202.JPG
    891.3 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_1201.JPG
    IMG_1201.JPG
    1,001.5 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_1200.JPG
    IMG_1200.JPG
    975 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_1199.JPG
    IMG_1199.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 203
It does look like one of the higher-end replicas of a Graflex out there, but that is definitely Force Awakens style. Glass Eye is a big give away on that.

It looks like a very nice replica to me. The newness of the brass pins and black plastic innards, and subtle differences in the red button, the beer tab, and the slide switch stand out to me. Also the clamp is missing the GRAFLEX stamping on the band, but I can't tell if that's because it has one of Roy's TFA clamp covers on it. (It doesn't look like it does.)

What I'm unsure about is that from the photos I found ofgrapflex flash handles the bottom language looks slightyly different the three center lines of language look like they are all there but they line up slightly differently with the outer ring launguage than in the photos I found. They are a rotated counter clockwise by a couple letters.

The orientation of the center script relative to the ringed script wouldn't be a tell, as this stamping varied from Graflex to Graflex. If you can remove the Kobold piece on the bottom look for an "RE" hidden in the Trade Mark text. I suspect you'll find it. That's a tell that it's a Roman's Empire replica.

Here's a useful thread for determining an authentic Graflex from a replica: http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=144206

Thanks every one i knew posting here would get answers quickly I think it's a Roman graphflex replica now too. Looked up some images and the bottom letter matches the photos exactly so that most likely the answer. I'm not able to remove the kobold on the bottom don't have the right tools and don't want to mess up the replica. The fact that it matches exactly is a pretty good sign for me. Any idea what these go for? I paid $150 was that over priced or in the range of what these usually sell for? Again I'm happy with what I got but just interested in learning more. The detective work on this kinda stuff is part of the fun.

Roman's website has them brand new right now from between $199.99 and $305.00 in various editions and sale prices, so I'd say you did just fine at $150.00!

I would've been on this piece like stink on a monkey, if I found it for $150! Great buy man :thumbsup Looks good too. I think it's a Romans too, because of the brass pegs & bunny ears.

If you unscreew the d rings hex screws you can check if it has the Roman tell(RE)

but thats definitely what it looks like that's one of his; for $150 that's is freakin' awesome :thumbsup

Beautiful find, if u can get a picture of the pins under the red button, that's a give away at romans as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While we are looking at replica graflexes... Who was making replicas circa 2005? with shiny clamp levers and bottom stamps that TRY to copy the original....
Was this how parks sabers were?
replica bottom 1.JPGreplica clamp lever.JPG

Parks maybe, my larbel lever doesn't have that circle under it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Parks. 100% as Scott said. Look at the "rivet" that holds the bunny ears to the bracket. If it's real, it'll be a pin rivet, if it's an older parks, it'll be a slot head screw. If it's a newer Parks /Korbanth or Roman's it'll have a hex bold, etc..

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back