Custom-Props Argentina eBay seller question

Dbar21

Hey everyone,
is anybody familiar with the eBay seller custom-props, based out of Argentina?
I was looking at their listing for the custom premium wool Vader cape and inner robe they have and figured since I'm trying to put together a screen accurate sized ANH Vader, standing at 6'7, I would need to go the custom route, since the cape by Anovos, being the only other place that I am aware of that offers them, is only a 60" version, which would be way too short, since it needs to be just touching the ground.
Their feedback rating is good, but at the price they are asking, plus shipping, I was just hoping to hear from someone who has firsthand experience with them, who may know more about the quality of their offerings, before I go off and do something foolish.
Any help and feedback from the forum would be much appreciated.

~ Jeff

http://www.ebay.com/itm/132149202271?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Purchased parts for an x-wing pilot uniform from this guy in Argentina, they weren't accurate, I think he has updated many of them after I sent him sketches and info for improvement. Can't say much for his other stuff though. Just be careful with gloves, the black "leather" gloves disintegrated by themselves after wearing them a few times.

Not a 501st member, but would they have their own forum similar to Rebel Legion with either a for sale section or at least someone who could also custom make your screen accurate Vader cape?

Fenix Props also out of argentina makes really nice stuff. I have been a member of the SLD forum for a few weeks both Custom props and fenix props are supported there if you're not willing to go for a level 3 accuracy or be willing to wait years for some of the stuff :)

- - - Updated - - -

Not a 501st member, but would they have their own forum similar to Rebel Legion with either a for sale section or at least someone who could also custom make your screen accurate Vader cape?
They do it's called the sithlord's detachment. There's several different options to buy from there as well.

As to OP's first question.

They are good to the community :)

Hey Jeff,

Welcome aboard :) Personally I have really good experience with Claudio Oliver from Custom-Props ... he's an avid Darth Vader Reveal cosplayer himself and his new premium wool cape and robe set is getting good responses at SLD Forums (501st) as well ... check out the Sith Lord Detachments forum yourself and post an introduction to get full access to the website. The other vendor for superior quality cape and robe set is much more expensive indeed and has a long waiting list into next year. So Custom-Props is your best bet for the premium wool set if you want to be finished with the full costume and searching for parts before X-mas :)

Custom-Props is on facebook too : https://www.facebook.com/customprops.ar/?ref=ts&fref=ts you can send a PM here or via his ebay account to Claudio in English, his communication is okay just be a little patient for a reply sometimes since he does have to work on those costumes too you know ;)

Chaïm

CP is one of the 2 good options for most of the soft parts for Vader according to most people in the 501st that have Vader. For capes he is usually considered 2nd place, a guy named KevVader is the best cape maker out there IMHO but he is only on the SLD and his wait list is about a year and a half. When you order from CP you can do it outside of ebay and you will usually get a discount. make sure to add some extra height to the measurements, you can then get it hemmed locally and have it look perfect. It's hard to get a good hem with just 2 measurements and his have not always been correct.
Let us know if you have any more questions, or ask on the SLD :)

Thank you for all of your responses guys/gals... I really appreciate it.
I think I might look around and try to find some of KevVader's work to see how it looks and try to contact him over at the SLD first, thank you ticopowell for that lead. If not, custom-props may just be my go to.
Once again, thank you for your feedback everyone.

~ Jeff

Thank you for all of your responses guys/gals... I really appreciate it.
I think I might look around and try to find some of KevVader's work to see how it looks and try to contact him over at the SLD first, thank you ticopowell for that lead. If not, custom-props may just be my go to.
Once again, thank you for your feedback everyone.

~ Jeff
Can't miss his thread ;) Good luck :)

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back