DL-44 Blaster help

chrisdevine

First off, I've been lurking around here, and I have to say the "hive mind" here at the RPF is amazing. The collection of information, ideas and concepts are amazing. I'm almost afraid to throw this up on the board.

My first foray into ANY home made replica props finally happened. I did the DL 44 Blaster, starting with a $9 rubies blaster.

YES, i know it's not real accurate, and I've seen a couple of people here do some SERIOUS mods to make it more accurate, Kudos! It was pretty amazing, but a bit overwhelming. I did his just as a test run to see if I could do this, and be somewhat pleased with the results. I found a few good you tube videos where the rubies was a basis, and following some of their techniques, I have to say overall I was pleased. I give it a solid "B" in execution. I rushed it a bit, and a few sins committed during the process were covered up easily, and a few came through.

New Bitmap Image.jpg

Im thinking of picking up one of the disney parks one, and doing the same thing to it.

dl44.jpg

I know nothing beats doing one of the real MGC kits, but I'm starting off slow here, and the overall Idea for me is to have a small collection of DL-44 blasters. Its a collection that can be somewhat tamed, and not over the top (meaning the wife won't give me grief) . Right now I'm thinking, the Rubies one, Disney parks, The nerf version, and then one of the Metal kit versions would be a nice achieveable collection overall.

Any pros or cons with the disney parks blaster? I welcome all comments and suggestions!

I don't remember if I bought that specific park blaster. The one I got was from back in the mid 2000s, but with a decent paint job, I works for the purpose. If you do get a holster for a future, know that the fit for the plastic blaster might be different than that on your metal one. Mine sure was.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back