Thoughts on a custom Blade Runner pistol

dropshipbob

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I've been kicking this idea around for awhile after seeing photos of the new pistol to be used in the forthcoming Blade Runner sequel. The base gun I have is some sort of Italian toy gun from the early 80's, the parts below it are prospective "sight rods". Other than that, I'd like some idea on what to use as the "clip". I'm also thinking of taking the grips (which are removable) and see about getting them molded and cast in an amber colored material. Thoughts are welcomed!

Attachments

• custom BRG.jpg
    custom BRG.jpg
    818.3 KB · Views: 763
A couple of my friends had this pistol when I was a kid, It had dual sound effects- shot and ricochet. Years late a line drawing of it showed up in the ShadowRun rule book as one of the high end autopistols.

It was also used in an old FASA RPG book from the 80's. Seems like plenty of game companies liked this pistol.

Anyway, anyone have comments on my idea?

I think that gun is a very good base. The idea of making amber grips are a bit "deja vu". Why not think outside of the box on those for starter?
Double barrels? No sight rods for me;)

I don't collect many toys, but I really like the Edison Giocattoli cap guns and blasters that shoot those little gummy bullets. I think it's a good choice for Blade Runner, and yeah, I think might fit in with the funky looking gun they have given Officer Kay.

I don't think it ever went into production, but Edison Giocattoli had a really cool looking scope concept for this blaster.

$(KGrHqIOKpUE5(oPPL8SBO(DOWwU6g~~60_12.JPG

Attachments

• p,,',.JPG
    p,,',.JPG
    22 KB · Views: 211
Does it have to be a Blade Runner pistol? I would agree with joberg that amber grips are kind of a cliche at this point.

I've also had one of these guns for years, with the intent of customizing it (one of these years I might actually get around to it). I think the grip is fantastic - that's what *really* caught my eye, but I think only about the rear third of the gun has any redeeming qualities design-wise. My plan was to chop it up and build a new front end, but I'm not really sure what direction I would take with it...

EG gun.jpg

No, it doesn't have to be Blade Runner, I just love the movie and kind of thought the base gun might make a cool update on the classic pistol, or maybe just a mix of the two. What do they call that now-a-days...a "mash-up"?

And I agree with you Ronin, the grip has a great feel to it and it's one of the reasons I love it.

A few years back I had plans to mod mine out in a more a RPG cyberpunk style. What I never cared for stylistically on this blaster was the trigger guard. It's just tiny. Always thought the old school Devel custom trigger guards were elegant. Thought it looked pretty cool on this slapped together concept.

Only got as far as picking up the sight and modding out the pistol a little bit.

EG_235_WIP.jpg

I was skulking around the boards and realized I'd never posted any images of the completed blaster I'd made from the digital composite above. I decided to go with a different sight based entirely on weight. The gun itself, even with some weight added to it is super light. So I found a sight that is also light. I like it.

EG1.jpg EG2.jpg EG3.jpg EG4.jpg

I 3D printed the guard, chopped the old one off with a coping saw. It was easy. Then I used black milliput to mount it, and 1 screw that is hidden. Worked great. I also mounted some black sintra on the frame to bulk out the silhouette of the gun itself.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back