Tesseract Holder 3D Print Build

Are you kidding me? Amazing! How about the Original Terreract a holder? IMG_3061.JPGIMG_3064.JPGIMG_3061.JPGIMG_3064.JPG

Cool. You can actually get a good faux shale look with alternating layers of dried elmers glue.

View attachment 726111

Not exactly what I mean but you get the idea. You should be able to do this right on the two cubes.

I never thought to use elmers glue. That's actually a pretty good idea. I would imagine it would be a whole lighter in weight then epoxy sculpt. Although epoxy sculpt might add the weight of real stone. I'll do a couple of test and will definitely try the elmers glue. Thanks!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok just a quick update here are some pics of some fresh prints, I have two more parts to print for this side, then I can go ahead and order the acrylic tubes for fit testing.

b2827e5ef9e2e1d8330682a82268b44d.jpg

33b5ab97b33d9b375a5c351a126e4617.jpg

fed54d82c569863a80a0d8fa82dbbb00.jpg

I think it's coming along, very excited to get this done. Will keep you guys posted on my progress.

Still moving along I ordered a 6" acrylic tube and a 1/2" acrylic tube for the inside to mount the cube and to also run wiring. I began to glue some parts together and filling seam lines....lots of sanding to do as well. Im waiting for the tunes to get here before I print the other side to make sure everything fits nicely. I will update with pics soon. Also I modeled a base for the Tesseract holder and I did a print on the aether, and was having some sizing issues so I remodeled that as well, pics to follow

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk

Man you are getting some awesome prints off that monoprice machine!

Thanks!! I just realized my walls are printing to thin. I have a lot of holes on the surface. I just fixed the settings and WOW what a difference. I just printed off a part of the Aether with the new settings and it came out so much better. So I may go back and print the Tesseract parts with these new settings.

Ok so I may change the title of this thread to Tesseract and Aether build because I'm kind of building both simultaneously. Here are some pics of the Aether top after being remodeled to now have two handles that fold out on each side and updated settings in Cura
33bce415a22e065a656f3cd3f5c2d12a.jpg

09c4306807e1e10fb5de528ab69dc4f6.jpg

Holes for the handles
57fc283cd9dd1d4a1f35c35875d27ebb.jpg

Here is the underside and slots for the other parts to be fitted into
3717b999d31e86f8ee07bbeb080e33cc.jpg

Sorry for the hold up, at a stand still right now. Waiting for a new part for my printer to come in, my heat block is totally clogged, and I ordered a CR-10 so this should move along nicely once both come in. But I did get the tubes in, and I'm resizing the files, I also improved the Aether file. Stick with me guys I promise once it's done it will be worth the wait

Ok, so while Im waiting for my parts and new printer to come in, I went back and been tinkering with the 3d models, improving them and adding things. So for the Tesseract Holder I changed the shape of the handle as the screen prop is slanted on a angle at the top of the handle, I also reduced the number of screws around the inner base and added screws to the otter base to match the screen prop.
TH1Update.jpg
TH2Update.jpg

As far as the Aether is concerned, I did two prints and for some reason my measurements are coming out totally off, so I went back in and remeasured everything, and refined some parts. I added a space for a battery holder and for wires to run to an on and off switch, I also included a hole for a mini on/off switch. I also added a peg so when the handles are in the upright position they will stay in place.
A1Updated.jpgA2Updated.jpgA3Updated.jpg

Once I get my printers in working order and moving along I will be posting a parts list for both, I have already put it together just want to make sure I'm not forgetting anything before I post.

Glad to hear you picked up a CR-10 ;) Looking forward to seeing more of this build!

I was actually going to get CR-10 first, but went with the Mono instead, but after watching the kind of prints you got for the StarLord helmet, I was like OK time to get one LOL. Im interested in seeing what kind of prints your going to get off of the CR-10 S4

Oh the troubles, just got a new heating block and installed it lastnight and did a print. This morning pull the print off the bed and discovered as I was preheating the printer that the heat bed is not working. Smh!!! Now I have to rewire the bed because the wire snapped

Ok I'm finally back up and running and starting to move this project along. Here is the first top revised base printed
5bb43c3045b3bc9b612ac26ac23f62e2.jpg

baac5cbeb3c80e30b93de2bccdc5dbeb.jpg

Just got the CR-10 so I'll be setting that up tonight and keep this project moving along

The CR-10 is all set up and both printers are up and running. Pushing full steam ahead with this build.

def1f0f661f3509d18580bc3881b93a1.jpg

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back